C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

'Trevor Brooking and Steve Bull are 2 that come instantly to mind.'

When you have Alzheimers.

:lol:

Honestly, is this the fate of every football fan? Me in 2045: "The last decent left back we signed was Pistone followed by Didier Domi!"

Honestly, is this the fate of every football fan? Me in 2045: "The last decent left back we signed was Pistone followed by Didier Domi!"

Unfortunately it is, I still have nightmares about Wayne Fereday, think Imre Varadi was vastly under rated, thought we should have given John Robertson and Dave Beasant more time  and think Kevin Dillon wasn't given a fair crack because he was born in Sunderland.

The players of your youth are etched into your brain for life.

Thing is, if you're in the Championship it doesn't matter how many minutes or how well you're playing. Is Shelvey going to get called up this season? Of course he had to leave if he wanted to play for England immediately.

Why?

Plenty other players have played for England over the years while playing in the 2nd tier.

Trevor Brooking and Steve Bull are 2 that come instantly to mind.

For what it's worth, Townsend was England's best outfield player against Slovenia in our last game when he came on

Of course it is  :lol:

Thing is, if you're in the Championship it doesn't matter how many minutes or how well you're playing. Is Shelvey going to get called up this season? Of course he had to leave if he wanted to play for England immediately.

Why?

Plenty other players have played for England over the years while playing in the 2nd tier.

Trevor Brooking and Steve Bull are 2 that come instantly to mind.

Post of the year. Hilarious.

Townsend wanted to play for England and he knew he had to be in the Premiership because it's not 1974 anymore, in his desperation he jumped at the first offer without thinking it through, it's his own fault and he deserved all he gets for that decision. What I'm saying is, it's not that much of a stretch to understand his thought process, it's just difficult to comprehend his final decision, one year in the Championship with Rafa when there's no WC or Euros isn't going to kill him. He went for the quick fix when he should have stayed with us, come back up with us and really shown what he can do under a proper manager in time for 2018.

Ah well no loss, I'm not exactly cut up about it and I don't think we'll miss him half as much as he'll miss us.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/10644712/wilfried-zaha-says-crystal-palace-are-going-through-a-transition-period

Wilfried Zaha says Crystal Palace are going through a 'transition period'

---

As if he even knows what the word transition means, man. He's basically just come out with the exact same line Pardew has for the past 2 weeks. I hope they get beat off Burnley and Zaha is involved in a nightclub incident similar to Blob.