C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

23 hours ago, Lotus said:

Anyone who could see and understand anything about football knew that 5th place was a one off. You can enjoy the results and there were some tidy players mixed with very very average ones.

But the facts are he didn't know how he did it and so he didn't understand where it wrong after. He was as clueless the year we finished 5th as he was the year we finished 16th. 

The fact he's a cow son is bye the bye. He was/is incompetent at this level and didn't have a f**king clue what his shortcomings were.

Shame he never asked.

I think he did know how he did it. It's just not that different to what he does when things go wrong. He wasn't much of a coach or a tactician. But he could get some lads working for each other and foster tremendous team spirit. That breeds results and confidence which feed into each other. Setup a basic framework and give the more talented players freedom to do their thing. That's why he was such a streaky manager. He was BS'er... coo'oing when things went well and i'm sure the squad loved it. Him being a terrible person is probably why he's hated above so many other worse managers.

McClaren must be a better coach. But he was never able to galvanise the group. Sustain any confidence. Get performances from the group for more than 2 games. So he was relegated with the best squad we had for 3 years.

On 16/02/2023 at 15:55, HaydnNUFC said:

At SJP, we didn't come from behind at HT to win in the league for over 12 years. :lol:

December 2006, 3-2 v Reading, 1-2 down at HT.

January 2019, 2-1 v Man City, 0-1 down at HT.

That is fucking outrageous :lol: I almost don't believe you 

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I think he did know how he did it. It's just not that different to what he does when things go wrong. He wasn't much of a coach or a tactician. But he could get some lads working for each other and foster tremendous team spirit. That breeds results and confidence which feed into each other. Setup a basic framework and give the more talented players freedom to do their thing. That's why he was such a streaky manager. He was BS'er... coo'oing when things went well and i'm sure the squad loved it. Him being a terrible person is probably why he's hated above so many other worse managers.

McClaren must be a better coach. But he was never able to galvanise the group. Sustain any confidence. Get performances from the group for more than 2 games. So he was relegated with the best squad we had for 3 years.

So a slimier version of Neil Warnock then. I think I'd prefer Neil Warnock every day of the week.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Nah - as good a career as Warnock has had. Pardew has had a career at a higher level for considerably longer.

Pardew is more similar to Bruce.

Bruce was signed quite obviously in a blatant attempt to appeal to Geordie sentiments. That's why he's not similar. I actually preferred Ashley's initial preferences for his London pub mates in Kinnear, WiseLlambias and Pardew. At least then you knew who you were dealing with.

9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

To be fair the guy has a held a managerial career for over 20 years. I really doubt he’s simply fluked all the good times - I’m sure he has had something about him that could help a team keep a momentum going for a while, as with Bruce. That doesn’t mean he’s any good overall though as ultimately things will crumble, he’ll be unable to address the issues and be found out. It seemed to work like that often for him, accept at West Brom where he was just useless from the off. A bit like a certain someone else who has managed us in recent years.

Ultimately these old-school 4-4-2 “man managers” could probably get by for a while despite their limitations, but by the time their career had declined to getting the West Brom job, the game had completely moved on and they had very little to offer. You could include Allardyce there too, but I would say it’s harsh on him to be compared to the others. 

Edited by St. Maximin

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Was pardew at S’tam when mascherano and tevez signed? As I remember they were going down until those two signed or have I remembered it wrong? 

That was West Ham and from memory he was the manager, yes. I’m sure he started Hayden Mullins in midfield over Mascherano. 

11 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

To be fair the guy has a held a managerial career for over 20 years. I really doubt he’s simply fluked all the good times - I’m sure he has had something about him that could help a team keep a momentum going for a while, as with Bruce. That doesn’t mean he’s any good overall though as ultimately things will crumble, he’ll be unable to address the issues and be found out. It seemed to work like that often for him, accept at West Brom where he was just useless from the off. A bit like a certain someone else who has managed us in recent years.

Ultimately these old-school 4-4-2 “man managers” could probably get by for a while despite their limitations, but by the time their career had declined to getting the West Brom job, the game had completely moved on and they had very little to offer. You could include Allardyce there too, but I would say it’s harsh on him to be compared to the others. 

Aye, like a massive gambling debt to the owner that he had to pay off by working for next to nought. :lol:

13 hours ago, TRon said:

Bruce was signed quite obviously in a blatant attempt to appeal to Geordie sentiments. That's why he's not similar. I actually preferred Ashley's initial preferences for his London pub mates in Kinnear, WiseLlambias and Pardew. At least then you knew who you were dealing with.

I meant their managerial careers as a whole. 

• 4 months later...

It is so great for Newcastle now.

I was with some Newcastle friends recently and they are loving it.

The whole city.

Newcastle now have the finance to finally compete, to be what they always wanted, what they always felt they were.

They are one of the greatest supported clubs in the world… let alone in England.

To have the finance now, the whole city is buzzing, it is a great feeling.

It is not just about the football, it is what it does for the community and the city.

They have the clout, Newcastle, to go to the next level.

You are now going from a Champions League [qualifying] team, which Eddie has got them to, to winning a trophy.

They have thrown £300m towards it, which is a lot of money to spend on a football club in any language, but you have to spend it wisely.

As we have seen at Everton and Chelsea, if you don’t spend it well it can come back and bite you, leave you in an even worse position.

Alan Pardew asked if he is still in contact with Mike Ashley?:

Yes, I keep in touch with Mike.

I think he [Mike Ashley] is on the verge of doing something again in football.

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

Edited by Interpolic

Been a bit of Pardew revisionism on Twitter after those quotes surfaced. Urrgh.

One of the very few positive things I can say about the bloke is that he's never went down the Souness-esque bitterness route when speaking about us since he left the PL. Seems proud that he's managed us, probably because he knows that he'd have never been within a lightyear of SJP if not for Ashley.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

6 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

One of the very few positive things I can say about the bloke is that he's never went down the Souness-esque bitterness route when speaking about us since he left the PL. Seems proud that he's managed us, probably because he knows that he'd have never been within a lightyear of SJP if not for Ashley.

I can probably swipe away the Souness bitterness mainly due to him being bitter about most things that is not Liverpool related.

But you are right about Pardew, he does seem proud to manage us and that separates him from the alleged Geordie, useless, a fat waste of space, stupid, tactically inept cabbage-head, kebab monster or whatever he was called, previous manager we had here.

Edited by nufcjb

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Christ I just read the comments under these quotes on one of those shit NUFC banter pages facebook is desperate for me to like. :anguish: