C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

It's not individual players that Pardew's legacy has left it's the psychological damage that he's done to supporters that is still lingering.

He constantly undermined us, regularly tried to sel our best players in press conferences and tried to convince us that we were lucky to be supporting a Premier League team

:thup:

When do we just forget about this chap? Out of curiosity  :lol:

Hope he takes West Brom down like, purely for our benefit. If he saves us, he can truly become one of our greats. Better than Rafa even.

When the club stops feeling the affects of his tenure.

Technically we have really. It's Ashley's tenure that we're feeling the wrath of.

Not fully. His years of mismanagement and negative tactics were largely responsible for our relegation. Since then we have struggled to bounc back to a consistent decent level of performance (not helped by Ashley). Even now some aspects of Pardew ball still creeps into the squad when the chips are down.

Sorry like,  but that is a load of rubbish.  :lol:

We've had numerous managers since, Pardew's legacy left with Pardew's mercenaries. There's not an ounce of Pardew's legacy left at Newcastle United now, it left when we sold the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum.

It f***ing didn’t you know. Even last season when we had the ability to rip teams apart and Rafa’s game plan we still had Pardew moments combined with Pardew players (Colback).

Okay, so Colback maybe as an anomaly but he has been entirely frozen out now. So, my point still stands.

It does when looking at the playing squad. However I still feel alot of our fan base, particularly at St James', are stuck in a Pardew / McClaren defeatist mindset.

We go behind and that's a guaranteed loss, booing players who play shit, jumping the gun for players like J. Murphy etc. The fact Rafa has to ask for us to stick with him proves we are so used to kicking off at the first sign of danger, mainly because we've seen it develop, stagnate and never be rectified under PFM like Pards. People can't wait to shout "Told you so" when we fail, because we've suffered years of negative tactics, mismanagement and being undermined.

Rafa is a different breed obviously, but some people assume his failings are equal to Pardews. The squad aren't Pards legacy, a proportion of the fan base are. Which I find ironic as people I know who complain about Rafa and his tactis, gave Pardew a mile of rope to hang himself with.

Negativity breeds negativity.

It's not individual players that Pardew's legacy has left it's the psychological damage that he's done to supporters that is still lingering.

He constantly undermined us, regularly tried to sell our best players in press conferences and tried to convince us that we were lucky to be supporting a Premier League team

:thup:

What Joey said :lol:

He constantly undermined us, regularly tried to sell our best players in press conferences and tried to convince us that we were lucky to be supporting a Premier League team

Exactly. I don’t know how people can ever let it go. Him and Ashley drove loyal supporters away from the club. Every true football supporter knows that supporting your club is a different kind of love to what you have towards your family. Every football supporter holds their club close to their hearts. When things go bad most of us have family to fall back on and when things at home get bad we have the club to fall back on. Some of our supporters don’t have family, heck one of the supporters who died following the club to a pre-season friendly to New Zealand was said to have only supporting the club in his life. These are the types of people who Pardew took the club away away from. He made those types of people and a lot of other loyal dedicated fans walk away from the club. Some of us stayed and and made the fight against him, and the world turned against us for doing so and we will forever be branded with a tag that we don’t deserve because we made a stand. If you or others can let that go then that’s on you. I and many others, and I fucking swear down if I outlive him then his family better cremate him because I’ll be pissing on his fucking grave.

Exactly. I don’t know how people can ever let it go. Him and Ashley drove loyal supporters away from the club. Every true football supporter knows that supporting your club is a different kind of love to what you have towards your family. Every football supporter holds their club close to their hearts. When things go bad most of us have family to fall back on and when things at home get bad we have the club to fall back on. Some of our supporters don’t have family, heck one of the supporters who died following the club to a pre-season friendly to New Zealand was said to have only supporting the club in his life. These are the types of people who Pardew took the club away away from. He made those types of people and a lot of other loyal dedicated fans walk away from the club. Some of us stayed and and made the fight against him, and the world turned against us for doing so and we will forever be branded with a tag that we don’t deserve because we made a stand. If you or others can let that go then that’s on you. I and many others, and I f***ing swear down if I outlive him then his family better cremate him because I’ll be pissing on his f***ing grave.

Stifler, your original point was around Pardews legacy in players like Colback, and then you agree it's actually the fans. Howeh :lol:

Hope he takes West Brom down like, purely for our benefit. If he saves us, he can truly become one of our greats. Better than Rafa even.

Technically we have really. It's Ashley's tenure that we're feeling the wrath of.

Not fully. His years of mismanagement and negative tactics were largely responsible for our relegation. Since then we have struggled to bounc back to a consistent decent level of performance (not helped by Ashley). Even now some aspects of Pardew ball still creeps into the squad when the chips are down.

Sorry like,  but that is a load of rubbish.  :lol:

We've had numerous managers since, Pardew's legacy left with Pardew's mercenaries. There's not an ounce of Pardew's legacy left at Newcastle United now, it left when we sold the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum.

It f***ing didn’t you know. Even last season when we had the ability to rip teams apart and Rafa’s game plan we still had Pardew moments combined with Pardew players (Colback).

Okay, so Colback maybe as an anomaly but he has been entirely frozen out now. So, my point still stands.

It does when looking at the playing squad. However I still feel alot of our fan base, particularly at St James', are stuck in a Pardew / McClaren defeatist mindset.

We go behind and that's a guaranteed loss, booing players who play shit, jumping the gun for players like J. Murphy etc. The fact Rafa has to ask for us to stick with him proves we are so used to kicking off at the first sign of danger, mainly because we've seen it develop, stagnate and never be rectified under PFM like Pards. People can't wait to shout "Told you so" when we fail, because we've suffered years of negative tactics, mismanagement and being undermined.

Rafa is a different breed obviously, but some people assume his failings are equal to Pardews. The squad aren't Pards legacy, a proportion of the fan base are. Which I find ironic as people I know who complain about Rafa and his tactis, gave Pardew a mile of rope to hang himself with.

Negativity breeds negativity.

Okay, so I see where you're coming from with that, but to be honest to me that's not a Pardew legacy or mindset or whatever we are gonna call it. That is borne out of the new breed of football that we have. It's about entertainment alone and not the community or winning, or being (most importantly) proud of who you are and where you come from. That defeatist mentality is borne out of the elitist nature of our sport rather than Alan Pardew. The same happens at probably 60% of our division (with regards to people getting people's backs) and Pardew has only managed like 4 of them (off the top of my head)  :lol:

Exactly. I don’t know how people can ever let it go. Him and Ashley drove loyal supporters away from the club. Every true football supporter knows that supporting your club is a different kind of love to what you have towards your family. Every football supporter holds their club close to their hearts. When things go bad most of us have family to fall back on and when things at home get bad we have the club to fall back on. Some of our supporters don’t have family, heck one of the supporters who died following the club to a pre-season friendly to New Zealand was said to have only supporting the club in his life. These are the types of people who Pardew took the club away away from. He made those types of people and a lot of other loyal dedicated fans walk away from the club. Some of us stayed and and made the fight against him, and the world turned against us for doing so and we will forever be branded with a tag that we don’t deserve because we made a stand. If you or others can let that go then that’s on you. I and many others, and I f***ing swear down if I outlive him then his family better cremate him because I’ll be pissing on his f***ing grave.

Stifler, your original point was around Pardews legacy in players like Colback, and then you agree it's actually the fans. Howeh :lol:

Not really, his legacy is all around the club. He was an infestation, he got everywhere and affected everything, made some things more rotten than others. The players and coaching staff will change and over time his legacy will eventually go away in that regard. The supporters though, they will have to live with his legacy for a very long time.

Like Rafa is affecting the club both on and off the field, Pardew affected the club both on and off the field. Rafa is doing for good, Pardew did it for bad.

This he did do, but why would the manager actively support the owners choice to get rid of his best players other than to simply keep his job. Okay, so he is a smarmy, spineless twat but again that mentality has gone now. So surely, as a club, our club, he should be bound to history and not our present (until we play them).

When do we just forget about this chap? Out of curiosity  [emoji38]

Sorry like,  but that is a load of rubbish.  [emoji38]

Wijnaldum was never managed by Pardew.

The mantaility of mercenary players using the club with no respect and using us as a stepping stone was very much Alan Pardew. Wijnaldum was one of those. We don't have that now. Bad example maybe, but an example of what Pardew's reign stood for.

How exactly is Wijnaldum a mercenary? I hate that term being bandied about.

At no point did he clamour for a move, didn't undermine the club, he gave us a year of mixed performance and went on to better things. Only an idiot would turn down Liverpool in that scenario.

The reality is the club is a stepping stone and will remain that way until we have an owner that fully believes in the club and shows serious ambition.

Also the vast majority of players we have signed have ended up on higher wages with us than the clubs we signed them from? Does that make them all mercenaries? Or is it okay if they join us for money?

When do we just forget about this chap? Out of curiosity  [emoji38]

Sorry like,  but that is a load of rubbish.  [emoji38]

Wijnaldum was never managed by Pardew.

The mantaility of mercenary players using the club with no respect and using us as a stepping stone was very much Alan Pardew. Wijnaldum was one of those. We don't have that now. Bad example maybe, but an example of what Pardew's reign stood for.

How exactly is Wijnaldum a mercenary? I hate that term being bandied about.

At no point did he clamour for a move, didn't undermine the club, he gave us a year of mixed performance and went on to better things. Only an idiot would turn down Liverpool in that scenario.

The reality is the club is a stepping stone and will remain that way until we have an owner that fully believes in the club and shows serious ambition.

Also the vast majority of players we have signed have ended up on higher wages with us than the clubs we signed them from? Does that make them all mercenaries? Or is it okay if they join us for money?

I accept your points with regards to the use of mercenary. I've used that with regards to the attitude of the players that came here and played for us. I don't blame the players, I blame the club for that. Nonetheless, the bit in bold isn't as Black and White as that. We still are a stepping stone for players who come here and dedicate their time, effort, passion and performances to NUFC. That's what Rafa has brought. Previously, we were stepping stone for none of that, because that wasn't how we sold the club when we bought them. Hence why players took no responsibility for our downfall.

Under Pardew's tenure we were lucky to be supporting a Premier League team.

Think i disagree with that.  Pardew being there for as long as he was strengthened Ashley's grip on the club a lot.

That was Ashley's doing not Pardew's though. Ashley calls the shots not Pardew with relation to whether he was in the managers seat.

Aye Ashley was in charge but Pardew made things a lot more comfortable for him by being the ultimate yes man, in Ashley's eyes he was perfect for the job.  Having a puppet who will spout shite to the media and tell barefaced lies to the fans is unvaluable to a boss like Ashley.  Pardew's job was to keep fans' expectations down, rave about our better players to the media so we could sell them for more money and say nice things about Mike to try and keep the heat off.. 

In fairness to him he did that pretty well and ever since he left Mike has struggled to keep things ticking over.  Some of his moves since have stunk of desperation - The interview on Sky before the West Ham game, appointing McLaren and Moncur onto "the board", spending big money in the January window on Townsend and Shelvey, then finally being forced to appoint a respectable manager in Rafa, something he never wanted to do as good managers ask questions, demand transfer budgets and generally make life uncomfortable for a dictator like the fat man.  Something he never experienced in the 4-5 years the Pardew was here.

If Ashley eventually does go in the next few months then i'll always see Pardew leaving as a significant step towards it.

Think i disagree with that.  Pardew being there for as long as he was strengthened Ashley's grip on the club a lot.

That was Ashley's doing not Pardew's though. Ashley calls the shots not Pardew with relation to whether he was in the managers seat.

Aye Ashley was in charge but Pardew made things a lot more comfortable for him by being the ultimate yes man, in Ashley's eyes he was perfect for the job.  Having a puppet who will spout shite to the media and tell barefaced lies to the fans is unvaluable to a boss like Ashley.  Pardew's job was to keep fans' expectations down, rave about our better players to the media so we could sell them for more money and say nice things about Mike to try and keep the heat off.. 

In fairness to him he did that pretty well and ever since he left Mike has struggled to keep things ticking over.  Some of his moves since have stunk of desperation - The interview on Sky before the West Ham game, appointing McLaren and Moncur onto "the board", spending big money in the January window on Townsend and Shelvey, then finally being forced to appoint a respectable manager in Rafa, something he never wanted to do as good managers ask questions, demand transfer budgets and generally make life uncomfortable for a dictator like the fat man.  Something he never experienced in the 4-5 years the Pardew was here.

If Ashley eventually does go in the next few months then i'll always see Pardew leaving as a significant step towards it.

Aye, fair dues. I'm not a defender of Pardew FWIW, I just don't get why so much energy is wasted on the prick.  :lol:

Aye Ashley was in charge but Pardew made things a lot more comfortable for him by being the ultimate yes man, in Ashley's eyes he was perfect for the job.  Having a puppet who will spout s**** to the media and tell barefaced lies to the fans is unvaluable to a boss like Ashley.  Pardew's job was to keep fans' expectations down, rave about our better players to the media so we could sell them for more money and say nice things about Mike to try and keep the heat off.. 

Aye, fair dues. I'm not a defender of Pardew FWIW, I just don't get why so much energy is wasted on the prick.  :lol:

I know you're not 👍. I've still got an unhealthy hate for the bloke.  I actually think he managed to kill some of my passion as a fan so that's probably why.  Maybe a lot of other fans feel the same as me and that's why there's a bit of a weird obsession thing going on  :lol:

Aye Ashley was in charge but Pardew made things a lot more comfortable for him by being the ultimate yes man, in Ashley's eyes he was perfect for the job.  Having a puppet who will spout s**** to the media and tell barefaced lies to the fans is unvaluable to a boss like Ashley.  Pardew's job was to keep fans' expectations down, rave about our better players to the media so we could sell them for more money and say nice things about Mike to try and keep the heat off.. 

I know you're not 👍. I've still got an unhealthy hate for the bloke.  I actually think he managed to kill some of my passion as a fan so that's probably why.  Maybe a lot of other fans feel the same as me and that's why there's a bit of a weird obsession thing going on  :lol:

Possibly. :thup:

Fair enough, I guess. Nowt I can say to that :lol:

All I know is it's mint when we score now. Now that we're back where we should be (in the top flight) and we're a little bit up against it. Kinda like the fact that we're not that good under Rafa, cause for so-long as we stick with Rafa I feel we have hope and the siege mentality might also help build us. People hate that we haven't turned on Rafa across the country when deep down the real football fans probably like that, and are probably jealous rather than having tired old PFM's (?) as they're called on here, who get binned off and replaced by the next one.

For me it says a lot about our club that Rafa came here at all and even more so that he is still here. A lot of that is down to us, the fans, not the prospect of turning around a sinking ship.

:lol: fucking ugh

All I know is it's mint when we score now. Now that we're back where we should be (in the top flight) and we're a little bit up against it. Kinda like the fact that we're not that good under Rafa, cause for so-long as we stick with Rafa I feel we have hope and the siege mentality might also help build us. People hate that we haven't turned on Rafa across the country when deep down the real football fans probably like that, and are probably jealous rather than having tired old PFM's (?) as they're called on here, who get binned off and replaced by the next one.

For me it says a lot about our club that Rafa came here at all and even more so that he is still here. A lot of that is down to us, the fans, not the prospect of turning around a sinking ship.

Aye fair play to you for focusing on the positives.  I'm right behind Rafa aswell!  Hopefully he stays and takes us somewhere.  I reckon i'd still find time to hammer Pardew though  :lol:

Aye fair play to you for focusing on the positives.  I'm right behind Rafa aswell!  Hopefully he stays and takes us somewhere.  I reckon i'd still find time to hammer Pardew though  :lol:

:lol: :thup: I'm sure no-one will be in this thread when we beat Man City tomorrow... :lol: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Because he made me hate football.