Newcastle United 2-1 West Ham 16/01/16 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Elliot has improved a lot to be fair to him.

Who's Ireland's number 1 at the minute? If he keeps it up like this he has to have a chance?

Randolph probably. Elliot will surely get a chance in the next friendly though

Didn't get to watch the game, but just seen the goals. They're probably the two best goals we've scored in a long time, outrageous from Shelvey.

By the sounds of it we could have won by 5-6, but didnt take our chances, then they got a goal back and we got nervy?

Didn't get to watch the game, but just seen the goals. They're probably the two best goals we've scored in a long time, outrageous from Shelvey.

By the sounds of it we could have won by 5-6, but didnt take our chances, then they got a goal back and we got nervy?

Basically yeah, we absolutely smashed them in the first half. Just a bad back pass made it 2-1.

Outstanding result and a really good performance overall. First 35-40 minutes were as good as we've been all season. Wonderful to watch. Shelvey the difference maker.

Every starter in the midfield and attack tired around 70 minutes. Not surprising wth three games this week and 2 in 4 days.

Need to see more of Saivet, he seemed timid. Hopefully just nerves. Couple important tackles though.

We weren't that nervy in the second half tbh. Elliot only made the one save from memory.

And yet I felt like I was going to vomit for 40 minutes.

Because we have been through this so many times :lol: In hindsight they never really created any danger but you always thought they would because Newcastle. :lol:

It was far more nervy as a fan than it needed to have been :lol:

Nice for a change, particularly in the first half, for us to have gotten a result because we were actually really good, and not because the opposition had a bad day. So many times after games I see comments on here such as "they were awful, luckily for us" etc. which you can't say today. We were just really good.

We weren't that nervy in the second half tbh. Elliot only made the one save from memory.

And yet I felt like I was going to vomit for 40 minutes.

Because we have been through this so many times :lol: In hindsight they never really created any danger but you always thought they would because Newcastle. :lol:

Pretty much this, West Ham only really created 1 chance which Elliot did well to save, Jelavic had a shot from long range late on as well. West Ham created virtually nothing in the 2nd half and we again were the better team and were more threatening. For a team who had been gifted a chance to get back into the game West Ham did very little.

The nerves were mostly just from us as we have seen it all before.

FREE JACKETS FOR EVERYONE :frantic:

These 'Free' jackets are gonna cost everyone who registered/wants one, a fiver!!

Participants who registered received a voucher that entitles them to the free Everlast coat, which will be available from Sports Direct website subject to normal delivery charges while stocks last.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/mike-ashley-faces-24-million-7191960

Bet the coats only worth a fiver... never worth anywhere near £59.99!  :lol: