sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He also said: "We need to do the work, get it right and give everybody something to shout about. We have to feel that we're not in this league just to survive every year." and "we need to change from just bobbing along at the bottom of the league".

But let's ignore those bits.

Every other manager they've had recently has said near on the same thing.

Worked out well.

Just getting a bit bored by the obsession with them, and how it's seeping into other threads on the forum. Seems to have really ramped up in the last year, maybe it's to do with the Johnson case. I'm not a Geordie so I'll never 'get it' but they're almost an irrelevance to me, especially now we're not even in the same league. Who gives a fuck what the divs on RTG think about our signings etc?

Moyes is a great appointment for them and it's laughable to pretend otherwise considering lots of us would have taken him after McClaren.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe that there are people who think on it that far tbh. Rivalry, curiosity, disdain and taking the piss is about as far as I can take it. Prolonged obsession and a prologued, automatic, collective, and real hatred beyond reacting would feel unhealthy to me, but everyone's different, apart from all mackems who are all definitely exactly the same apparently.

Honestly couldn't give much of a fuck about them, other than in a general interest way and laughing at their obsession. I'm just as interested in Leicester and Nottingham Forest, it's all a bit weird. And Mansfield ffs. Because I know people who care about them, just don't understand the hatred either way. Meh, life goes on.

It always used to be mainly just us laughing at how crap and small time they were, and how angry they were when it came to NUFC. These days it's all got a bit daft, like there's some weird competition going on to prove who hates the other more. Like we've fallen to their level.

Thanks Alan.

Not much of a competition if RTG is anything to go by.  Haven't been on there for a while but last time I checked it could be described more as a anti Newcastle forum than a Sunderland fan forum.

Just getting a bit bored by the obsession with them, and how it's seeping into other threads on the forum. Seems to have really ramped up in the last year, maybe it's to do with the Johnson case. I'm not a Geordie so I'll never 'get it' but they're almost an irrelevance to me, especially now we're not even in the same league. Who gives a f*** what the divs on RTG think about our signings etc?

Moyes is a great appointment for them and it's laughable to pretend otherwise considering lots of us would have taken him after McClaren.

Fair enough. :thup:

As a fellow non-Geordie, I have to say the 'obsession' is far more apparent from their side (in my opinion), there's a (perceivably) massive difference between their fans and ours in that regard. RTG is fucking mental  :lol: I've browsed a fair few footy forums over the years and have yet to come across anything on that kind of delusional scale. The stories they make up (Mag at work, Mag in bar, Mag at sea, Mag in shower, Mag in mag) are absolutely ridiculous. It's borderline mental illness.

Still, a few of our fans do have an unhealthy preoccupation with them, so I agree with you to an extent.

Just getting a bit bored by the obsession with them, and how it's seeping into other threads on the forum. Seems to have really ramped up in the last year, maybe it's to do with the Johnson case. I'm not a Geordie so I'll never 'get it' but they're almost an irrelevance to me, especially now we're not even in the same league. Who gives a fuck what the divs on RTG think about our signings etc?

Not going to work every day with mackems certainly lessens the hatred like. Until derby day that is.

But as far as I'm concerned Moyes is shite and will be nothing near a great appointment. No better than Sam iyam. Potentially worse, given Sam had turned them into the 17th best team in the league.

:thup:

The fact is he's not from here so he wont ever get it.

We will always have the obssesion with each other.

Difference in forum land we keep it to one thread and it isnt massive tbh.....however their RTGroom forum every day has 20% of its posts(guessing) about is in some shape or form.

The absolute trouble with Mackems is they hate us being the big fish of the region in everything , always have and always will be the turds of the North East.

They have the upperhand in football but still hate the fact that we own them in life, we took the piss for 30 years so we have to take it back.the swing back to us will happen one day lads, till then let the have a chuckle cos in truth we deserve it as a club the way we went on.

We'll be back Sunlun, when? Fuk knows but we will.  :coolsmiley: