sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

130k and a 3 year deal for Defoe is absolutely mental. Don't think I'd be wanting to give him anymore than a 1 year deal...

Must be doubling his money at least too.

Considering he's coming on a free its not that bad. Its like paying 4.7 m for him for 3 years without wages. He probably has 2 good seasons left in him

Very true.

Considering he's coming on a free its not that bad. Its like paying 4.7 m for him for 3 years without wages. He probably has 2 good seasons left in him

Very true.

I'm not too sure. The last two seasons are 2 of his 3 best in his entire career. It's far from guaranteed that he'll get 15 goals again and while he's kept himself in good shape, the age will tell soon. They'll be regretting this in a years time I think.

Guaranteed that slug head is going back to the mackems, it'll be unfinished business for him and he was loved there. It's a bit dodgy mind, essentially Moyes resigning and then him resigning shortly after, is there such a thing as tapping up a manager? I mean if he quits Palace then they get no compo so something would have to be afoot surely? I guess in the grand scheme of things slug head would probably be happier with a northern club, I doubt he's particularly favoured by Palace fans even after keeping them in the league and before he left the mackems he was doing a reasonable job of keeping them safe in the Prem, essentially it was his sort of club and they went well together, hell he even helped cover up their beloved paedo's misdemeanours!

Guaranteed that slug head is going back to the mackems, it'll be unfinished business for him and he was loved there. It's a bit dodgy mind, essentially Moyes resigning and then him resigning shortly after, is there such a thing as tapping up a manager? I mean if he quits Palace then they get no compo so something would have to be afoot surely? I guess in the grand scheme of things slug head would probably be happier with a northern club, I doubt he's particularly favoured by Palace fans even after keeping them in the league and before he left the mackems he was doing a reasonable job of keeping them safe in the Prem, essentially it was his sort of club and they went well together, hell he even helped cover up their beloved paedo's misdemeanours!

Not a chance he'll go back there - he was moaning about the lack of budget last summer!

Either another scandal is about to break or he's off to China!

£6.76m a year wages x 3 years is just over £20m unless I'm missing something?

For some reason I multiplied by 12 instead of 52. Ive been drinking in the park all day so ill blame it on that  :whistle:

Fat Sam was considering quitting Sunderland before England came calling. If he ends up back there then there's a huge rabbit off. He's got a gig somewhere and Sam loves money. Either that or he's wanting out of the country; Sam loves money.

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon I'd go as far as bursting out laughing if it happened, Pardew as Sunderland manager's also a 2 for 1 on despising.

Imagine getting excited at the prospect of fat sham possibly becoming your manager. :lol:

Yeah strange that fans of almost every club he's managed couldn't wait to see the back of him and yet they seem to love him on wearyside. Says a lot really.

Regardless of who they hire as manager, can any of you see them coming straight back up??

Totally depends on who they hire, we've seen this year that teams like Huddersfield and Fulham have done well on a shoestring budget mainly because they've got a good young manager in, Monk too at Leeds, turning them around despite the crazy crap going down with their ownership. A good manager changes everything, hopefully they go with Phillips or Ball in the misguided notion that one the their Legends (and due to the caliber of the players in question, I use that term in the very loosest sense) will bring back the good times.

Derek McInnes would be interesting. Done a brilliant job for Aberdeen.

Didn't he fail miserably at Bristol City?

They are also linked with Nigel Clough which would be a horrific appointment.