sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

January could be make or break for them. If Short allows Coleman to bring a few players in, maybe they'll pull away and be OK. If the handcuffs stay on or worse if they have to sell more players like Kone etc, it's only going to get worse as they'll be down to playing kids.

At least it makes a change from playing with them.

As desperately poor as they are they're still only a couple of wins away from clearing their way back into it. They could also spend some of the cash they raise shifting the dross and stay up with a few points to spare. They'll obviously be delighted with this and they'll completely ignore the fact their parachute payments decrease. This was their best shot at coming back. They've completely fucked it up regardless of survival or not.

It's a spectacular and magnificent demise. :bluf:

They are scoring plenty of goals, it’s conceding which is the problem. Once they cut out the silly mistake the points will start mounting up. They also love a good April run, and in the Championship there is like 10 games in April, so that’s 30 points for them there.

They are scoring plenty of goals, it’s conceding which is the problem. Once they cut out the silly mistake the points will start mounting up. They also love a good April run, and in the Championship there is like 10 games in April, so that’s 30 points for them there.

If Grabben picks up a lengthy injury or possibly called back and sold then they won't be scoring too many goals.

:yao:

:lol:

Loved this post -

Imagine taking over Sunderland, they are such a rubbish club. I think it was a bad call by him, could've got something better.The rubbish fans are always leaving at half time because they are losing, the players look like have been thrown together and play like complete strangers. Hate that club, glad they were relegated, it was long overdue. Hope they never get back up, stadium of light? I can think of another word to replace light with. Bad move Coleman

Can't be right, I thought everybody loved them and hated the mags.

I'm fairly certain I saw an article where they were crowned the least liked English club in the world.

Can't be true. People on RTG are always telling tales of how they met supporters of (insert club here) and how said supporters said they loved sun'lun and hated the mags. 

Happens all the time.

I'm fairly certain I saw an article where they were crowned the least liked English club in the world.

I always imagined we are quite an unpopular club as well, amongst other fans. Mainly due to the false belief that we ‘expect’ European football and trophies every year.

I always imagined we are quite an unpopular club as well, amongst other fans. Mainly due to the false belief that we ‘expect’ European football and trophies every year.

This was a rest of the world opinion thing, not UK opinion. Think we placed in the lower region of top ten most liked teams.

On my travels when I mention I'm a Newcastle fan Shearer, Beardsley, Keegan, Macdonald, Waddle, Gazza ect come up straight away Sunderland doesnt even get a mention

This was a rest of the world opinion thing, not UK opinion. Think we placed in the lower region of top ten most liked teams.

:thup: my opinion still stands, though I have only ever lived in the north east, so maybe I am wrong.

On my travels when I mention I'm a Newcastle fan Shearer, Beardsley, Keegan, Macdonald, Waddle, Gazza ect come up straight away Sunderland doesnt even get a mention

fuck off! they never heard of Sewpa, Bally, Sir Niall, Marco Goalo....

While these might not get relegated again, is staying up even as a mid-table club good enough for them? They had fuck all money this summer, despite selling Pickford for £30m plus the parachute payments. Another manager sacked, less parachute money and literally no saleable assets, they're absolutely fucked for next season as well, surely?

Anyone who's lived away from the North East can testify that literally no one out side of sunderland gives two fucks about them. I can honestly say I haven't seen a single shirt of theirs on anyone anywhere across the midlands or south west of England. Total nothing club.

The Portland Timbers' fans actually have a really strong connection with Sunderland. They've done a lot of cross-Atlantic work together. If you go on a Timbers' forum there's quite often talk of Sunderland in a positive light.

Anyone who's lived away from the North East can testify that literally no one out side of sunderland gives two fucks about them. I can honestly say I haven't seen a single shirt of theirs on anyone anywhere across the midlands or south west of England. Total nothing club.

The Portland Timbers' fans actually have a really strong connection with Sunderland. They've done a lot of cross-Atlantic work together. If you go on a Timbers' forum there's quite often talk of Sunderland in a positive light.

Daft gets.

Random as hell - what's the link that started it all? Shared players / manager or was it a commercial hookup?