sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lucky bastards. Both Barnsley and brum  have back to back home games, really need to make them count.

Really it might be brum that get out of this rather than Barnsley.

Birmingham v Hull on Saturday, just a shame that Hull have found form.

I have them staying up by 2 points. However, that’s only because I can’t see where Burton, Brum or Barnsley will pick up points. If any of them get 2 or 3 wins the they’re done. The teams down there have been incredibly bad.

11/2 now to stay up! I might hoy a few more quid on!

You saw how hard it was to flush this turd out of the Premier League bog!

I still think the bastards will squirm out of it - they'll beat an 'on-the-beach' Wolves on the last day to do it - bookmark this!

I have them staying up by 2 points. However, that’s only because I can’t see where Burton, Brum or Barnsley will pick up points. If any of them get 2 or 3 wins the they’re done. The teams down there have been incredibly bad.

The mackems have won 5 in 37, they're highly unlikely to start stringing victories together at this stage.

The mackems have won 5 in 37, they're highly unlikely to start stringing victories together at this stage.

They’ve got Burton and Sheff Wed at home which are both very winnable together with a Norwich side with nowt to play for. Away games against Leeds and Reading are also possibilities. If they stay in touch over the next 3 or 4 games they have the fixtures to save themselves. Playing Wolves on the last day may be the best time to play them as well. As rubbish as the Mackems are they’re a couple of results away from being right back in the mix. 1/9 for relegation are very poor odds imo.

They won 4 out of 5 under Poyet including beating Man U & Chelsea. They could go on a similarly freak run and all of a sudden they're a couple of points clear. Very unlikely mind.

I've still got this nagging doubt that they'll string together two unlikely wins from nowhere and Barnsleys total incompetence will end up saving them. Just about any other season they'd be about 10 points adrift and dead and buried.

They're gonna be mightily lucky to escape this one . Their team is a shambles and they haven't got their traditional one lifesaver in the.side like Bent or Pickford . One old guy on the radio had compiled a list of the 3 worst keepers ever to play for them . The first 3 on that list were the current 3 . Toss in playing their home games at that ghost town of theirs and they've not got a lot going for them .

Still think out of anyone, Birmingham are most likely to stay up. They’ve been shite but Monk will get them playing better.

Their next four games are; Hull, Ipswich, Bolton & Burton - 4 easily winnable games.

The mackems already need to win 4 or 5 from 9 to stay up, it just isn’t going to happen. In previous years they’ve had a new manager bounce and/or a striker capable of scoring goals, this year they have neither. I also don’t get the “they’ve done it before” chat, how many of these players were actually involved in any of those escapes?

I'm torn between wanting them to go down or stay as a shit Championship club for a decade. The three clubs who went down last season are all top 4 in League One. Blackburn were as big a state as Sunderland, Rotherham went down with less points than Sunderland currently have now. The gap seems massive between shit Championship clubs and decent League One sides.

Plus in previous years there was always a feeling they had something about them, spirit, fight, togetherness whatever.  This season there is non of that, no positive messages from anyone.

I'm torn between wanting them to go down or stay as a shit Championship club for a decade. The three clubs who went down last season are all top 4 in League One. Blackburn were as big a state as Sunderland, Rotherham went down with less points than Sunderland currently have now. The gap seems massive between shit Championship clubs and decent League One sides.

They've been a gash second tier team many times before. Let them experience the lower leagues again.

Blackburn had over 50 points last year while the Mackems wont break 40.

I think the lowest points total in the past 15 years to survive was 44 points which looks an incredibly hard task for them to get to - they have a really hard run in too.