Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest antz1uk

Wasn't one of Taylor's first tweets him trying to pedle some s*** energy drink? :lol:

No subtelty or anything, just came straight out looking like he'd been roped into a pyramid scheme.

And then there the black thing, bloke is a complete f***ing moron.

Herbalife  :lol:

Regarding the much discussed relegation clause, can't managers just resign at any time anyway?

Would imagine its more to do with compensation if he goes to another club.

There's no chance that Rafa is staying on beyond the end of this season in any case. Can't see it. Ashley wouldn't want to have to invest properly. He'll do to Benitez what he did to Shearer.

Well that's cheered me up no end.

Just trawled back through this thread from a couple months back. Honestly never thought we'd see someone of Benitez pedigree and calibre want to take the job, let alone be appointed by Ashley. So I humbly apologise for being a miserable bastard, but I think you know where that stems from. I had a large cup of coffee this morning (it's not tasted as good from that mug for a while) and I'm eating a huge slice of humble pie right now and I'm ready for this. Vive La Rafalution!

CjXbNsaVEAEyMEY.jpg

I seriously can't believe we've got him for 3 years, man. Back in 2013 when we were talking about new managers and such I was saying Rafa as my #1 and a few other usual names like Rudi Garcia etc. I'm just so damn happy we have our guy.

I seriously can't believe we've got him for 3 years, man. Back in 2013 when we were talking about new managers and such I was saying Rafa as my #1 and a few other usual names like Rudi Garcia etc. I'm just so damn happy we have our guy.

It's so good that I don't care at all we've been relegated. Gives Rafa a great year to bed in everything and make a bigger impact on the Premier League in twelve months.

I still think promotion might be more tricky than we think, but I don't know why I think that. Probably just fear.

It should be relatively straightforward tbh, Rafa plays pretty organised, defence based style so as long as he brings in someone to bang in 20+ goals we'll go up with ease imo.

I seriously can't believe we've got him for 3 years, man.

From the Guardian article on the Keegan arbitration decision:  Ashley appointed Keegan on a three-year, £3m per annum contract in January 2008. The relationship began to unravel when, a fortnight later, Wise was hired as the club's recruitment supremo.

While I expect Rafa to be personally well-protected by his contract, we still have Ashley and Charnley driving the bus, and my faith is strong in them causing this to go tits-up sooner rather than later.

I haven't even contemplated not going up, I seriously think we could go the whole season unbeaten. Not likely to happen, but we won't be far off.

Setting yourself up for monumental disappointment with posts like this tbh.

I haven't even contemplated not going up, I seriously think we could go the whole season unbeaten. Not likely to happen, but we won't be far off.

I hope we win 44 and lose 2 to Burton, as I'm sick of reading condescending shit about them.

We won't go unbeaten. We won the league by about 15 clear points last time and still lost four times.

I'll be more than happy if we end next season only having lost 4 league games.

I have watched the video of the press conference multiple times now, and when asked about will he be in charge of transfers he doesn't give a straight answer. Instead kind of goes around the questions a bit like my manager does at work?

He have always been like that I think.. Evasive I mean

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/735559398622384128

Bit strange how Graham Carr is staying on now? If it was as straightforward as having full say on everything you would just answer yes to the questions, in a roundabout way he avoided saying yes I have total control over player recruitment and I'll be choosing the players etc. All the press have done is lead everyone into thinking this is the case, and it's the main reason behind him staying.

I'm taking a guess but I think he's gonna be presented with targets by Graham Carr, but he will overrule anyone coming in that he will not use, unlike others Pardew,McClaren, just having players bought and not wanting or finding a role for them to fit in or play.

I'm not convinced he's in total control until he actually just says it, up to now he hasn't.