Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

People need to remember when we're struggling away to Rotherham, or not trouncing teams 3-0 at home that this club was a complete and utter empty f***ing shell before this bloke rocked up.

Jamaal f***ing Lascelles man, no one would recognise the c*** if it wasn't for Rafa behind him. I'm a big Lascelles fan as it happens but Rafa has made him.

So next time we scrape by or don't quite put someone to the sword, people wanna remember that we'd be in Villa's shoes right now if it wasn't for Benitez and if it wasn't for us and our region showing our passion for the game.

We're made for each other man, long may it last.

Top coach, top manager, top man.

Absolutely correct. We were rotten and slowly the club is being mended. Players that want to be here and a manager that can drive us on.

We may play shit football and lose some awful games but there has been a massive amount of progress since that first game.

I think once we get through the tough first part of season our squad will shine through and we will go up.

I just hope if we do that the board back Rafa and don't fuck him about. At least give him the chance to build our club and see where it goes. He needs 3-5 years with the boo boys settling down and showing some patience. I was pissed off when people booed at end of Wolves game, so fuck we lost, get over it.

People need to remember when we're struggling away to Rotherham, or not trouncing teams 3-0 at home that this club was a complete and utter empty f***ing shell before this bloke rocked up.

Jamaal f***ing Lascelles man, no one would recognise the c*** if it wasn't for Rafa behind him. I'm a big Lascelles fan as it happens but Rafa has made him.

So next time we scrape by or don't quite put someone to the sword, people wanna remember that we'd be in Villa's shoes right now if it wasn't for Benitez and if it wasn't for us and our region showing our passion for the game.

We're made for each other man, long may it last.

Top coach, top manager, top man.

Put that on a banner. The whole lot.

People will always complain and have criticism no matter who the manager is, the appointment of Rafa is proof of that.

Even if we played 4-4-2 the way some wish we would and lost people would still moan x,y or z didn't start so we lost.

Unfortunately people just like to complain we are just going to have to get used to it.

Guest neesy111

People will always complain and have criticism no matter who the manager is, the appointment of Rafa is proof of that.

Even if we played 4-4-2 the way some wish we would and lost people would still moan x,y or z didn't start so we lost.

Unfortunately people just like to complain we are just going to have to get used to it.

Some people think football is so simple nowadays you just need a winger and big guy upfront in a 442 and that will get you results.  If it's that simple why don't all teams and managers do it....

Reason is its actually far easier to defend against that now.

Some people think football is so simple nowadays you just need a winger and big guy upfront in a 442 and that will get you results.  If it's that simple why don't all teams and managers do it....

Goes in cycles really, as attackers get pacier and shorter, then so do defenders, to the point where a 6'3 target man becomes unplayable, and the circle continues.. imo anyway.

It's not that it's that simple but if you have a squad which would be best suited to that then do it. I doubt anyone on here would stick to any formation if they had personnel  better suited to something different.

What a man! He will never be fully satisfied and will always work on details and demand more and more. Apart from the the first two games it's a pretty damn good run we've had with 8w 1d and 1 loss.

We will only get better and better as well as :) He will tune us into perfection almost.

Jamaal fucking Lascelles man, no one would recognise the cunt if it wasn't for Rafa behind him. I'm a big Lascelles fan as it happens but Rafa has made him.

post was decent but this seemed totally unnecessary to me :lol:

:lol: I was feeling particularly passionate about what I was writing, maybe a little bit excessive in this sentence.  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

And people were saying he isn't charismatic? He's mint, man, I proper live him.

Me too. He's the live of my lofe.

Good read that, would love him to do Man Utd in a cup this year :sweetjesus:

It's pretty weird how they've both sort of switched roles in their age though, with him now looking like a much more likeable character in the dressing room and Mourinho seemingly falling out with everyone.

Good read that, would love him to do Man Utd in a cup this year :sweetjesus:

It's pretty weird how they've both sort of switched roles in their age though, with him now looking like a much more likeable character in the dressing room and Mourinho seemingly falling out with everyone.

He certainly seems a warmer character than in previous jobs.  Past players talk of him being cold and distant even if they had respect for him but the relationship between Rafa and our players seems to be really good and they all seem somewhat in awe of him.  Maybe there is less ego because they are not the elite players.

The good thing for us is we have him at his most experienced, he is battle hardened from his past jobs and has no doubt learned a lot.  If that means warming to players then he knows that is what needs to be done.  Love the bloke, I want NUFC to be his club.  I want this to be his last job.

From that related piece about his Valencia side:

Tactically speaking, Benítez’s most important change was to switch from a 4-4-2 diamond to a compact 4-2-3-1, with two defensive midfielders and wingers in Vicente and Rufete who worked for the team in both transitions. There were very few teams at the time who played with one up front – this was long before 4-2-3-1 was the formation in vogue across Europe – and the system allowed Benítez’s side to exert a measure of control in midfield over opponents who generally had a man fewer. Add to this one of the best goalkeepers in the world, a world-class defence, and a manager who rates defensive organisation as the game’s most important facet, and it’s fair to say that Benítez’s Valencia were built from the back.

Rings very true now, albeit with the league by comparison rather than Europe or the world.

I don't think we'll see the best of Benitez until next season tbh. In the championship you could probably go with a more attacking line up and walk this division, it's in the premier where I think his organisation will really pay off. I know there's a load of hype over Spurs and Liverpool with their fantastic pressing style, but Souness wrote a good article recently (sorry) that to keep up that intensity over a full season takes some doing. You need to be able to play on the back foot as well sometimes especially over a long British season.