Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I don't think we'll see the best of Benitez until next season tbh. In the championship you could probably go with a more attacking line up and walk this division, it's in the premier where I think his organisation will really pay off. I know there's a load of hype over Spurs and Liverpool with their fantastic pressing style, but Souness wrote a good article recently (sorry) that to keep up that intensity over a full season takes some doing. You need to be able to play on the back foot as well sometimes especially over a long British season.

Someone should tell that to the likes of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Alan Pardew.

I don't think we'll see the best of Benitez until next season tbh. In the championship you could probably go with a more attacking line up and walk this division, it's in the premier where I think his organisation will really pay off. I know there's a load of hype over Spurs and Liverpool with their fantastic pressing style, but Souness wrote a good article recently (sorry) that to keep up that intensity over a full season takes some doing. You need to be able to play on the back foot as well sometimes especially over a long British season.

Someone should tell that to the likes of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Alan Pardew.

:) Well done.

And people were saying he isn't charismatic? He's mint, man, I proper live him.

Me too. He's the live of my lofe.

:lol:

Made me chuckle on the Metro, you fucker!

As much as I've wanted us to be more attacking (mainly two up front with Mitrovic and Gayle in attack), I can see exactly why Benitez isn't doing it and accept it. We should be going up regardless, and by us doing it Rafa's way, it means the players, most of who will still be important to us next season, know exactly what is asked of them. I can see why he's not going attacking, only to get to July, and have to instil a whole new way of football for the Premier League season. They'll know their roles inside out, and that will help us hit the ground running come next season.

And people were saying he isn't charismatic? He's mint, man, I proper live him.

Me too. He's the live of my lofe.

I'd let him shig my wafe

What a man!

Asked on Monday whether he missed the bright lights of the Champions League or Premier League, he looked back almost confused.

“I am concentrating on games and that’s it. I decided to stay for the fans and the club, to stay in England and manage a team in the way you want to manage,” he said.

“I’m not thinking about what isn’t here. It’s a sunny day outside, I’m coaching a team the way I want to coach it. That’s it. In the end, it’s XI versus XI and we’ve got 52,000 fans coming to our games - it’s not bad.”

What a man! What a change this football club has gone through so far, and everyone seems to be loving it. Hopefully it will continue for long and that this rebuild of the club is just the start of a brighter future and something special. Finally there's some hope and belief again at least, and all this is more or less down to one man. I can't praise the man enough for taking this project and challenge on instead of leaving and going for the easier options. This shows what a great person Rafa is, on every level. I love you!

I think it was just a general comment on his exsistance.

:lol:

If our idolisation of Rafa upsets a few bitter cockneys, couldn't care less.

It seems to upset a lot of people who call us deluded for being happy.  I suppose it must appear mental from the outside that we got relegated yet are all the happiest about the club since Sir Bobby.

'I love him'.

Relax man.  He's the best manager we've had in a very long time but he's not your mum.  Take a deep breathe.

What a melt.

Guest firetotheworks

'I love him'.

Relax man.  He's the best manager we've had in a very long time but he's not your mum.  Take a deep breathe.

What a melt.

I believe the correct spelling is 'melte'