Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Was this posted?

He seems fine tbh

That's what the mad panic was about?  :lol:

Honestly the agendas of some on here are ludicrous.

Not really, there would be absolutely no need for Rafa to mention Ashley if he was perfectly happy, it was a tactical move from him.

It's a slight nudge not a resignation letter.

The reaction on here was like it was the end of the world. It's like a cult around here, let's see who can be the most grief stricken and who hates everything the most. Can see a few people not making it through this summer, razor blades at the ready, cut down people not across.

F-off man :lol:

Was this posted?

He seems fine tbh

That's what the mad panic was about?  :lol:

Honestly the agendas of some on here are ludicrous.

Not really, there would be absolutely no need for Rafa to mention Ashley if he was perfectly happy, it was a tactical move from him.

It's a slight nudge not a resignation letter.

The reaction on here was like it was the end of the world. It's like a cult around here, let's see who can be the most grief stricken and who hates everything the most. Can see a few people not making it through this summer, razor blades at the ready, cut down people not across.

It is a slight nudge, and I am not one of the people who have been worried, but it is a qualitative change and the first hard evidence of frustration with, and mistrust of, the club (rather than the market). I appreciate you've had some unwarranted stick Dokko, and made a fine job of defending your point, but the razor blade comment is poor taste, man.

From the mirror

Rafa Benitez hopes Mike Ashley doesn’t make him regret turning his back on a Chinese fortune – after insisting theNewcastle owner will keep his promises on transfer cash.

The Toon boss revealed that he turned down the opportunity to make a mint in the Far East after Ashley assured him that he would be given the funds to build a squad fit for Premier League purpose.

But Newcastle’s business has been slow, with centre-back Florian Lejeune arriving from Eibar for £8.7million and Christian Atsu completing a £6.5m switch from Chelsea.

Benitez said: “When I had the meeting with Mike we were talking about the money he would give us for doing the signings.

“The budget was fine. We have the resources to do what we want to do – but now we have to do it.

“I cannot talk about why signings have not yet happened – but I can say that I am still confident that Mike will keep his word.

“I decided to stay because it is a massive club, because of the fans, and also so that I could stay in England and be close to my family.

“I could have gone somewhere else and made more money. If you go to China you can make a lot of money.

“But I stayed – and now it is my priority for Newcastle to stay in the Premier League and do well.”

He added: “I asked the question to Mike if I can spend all the money on one player or if I must spend it on many players.

“He said that the budget is mine and I can do what I want with the numbers he has given me. It is the same with wages.

“We still have time to buy players until the end of next month and I am confident that we will do it.”

Very interesting stuff. Looks like he has been given leeway to use the budget as he sees fit, and so there really is no excuse for the slow movement.

Really beginning to wonder if the major issues are with Charnley just being rubbish at pushing deals through.

Have to say I'm a bit happier about the situation reading those quotes. If we have a budget then Rafa himself probably doesn't want us to pay over the odds knowing it will impact other deals. Unfortunately I'm sure Keegan probably made very similar noises and we all know how that ended.

Very interesting stuff. Looks like he has been given leeway to use the budget as he sees fit, and so there really is no excuse for the slow movement.

Really beginning to wonder if the major issues are with Charnley just being rubbish at pushing deals through.

That's how I read it too...almost as if he's making everyone aware that the problem doesn't lie with Ashley and doesn't lie with Rafa, but that somewhere in between there is an issue.

Rafa called Ashley out  :lol:... pretty clear where the issue is. Charnley hasn't struggle to do deals in the past when the shackles are loosened a tad.

What I suspect has happened is Ashley has told Rafa the budget and he has free reign and told Charnley to make sure he gets value for money and not blow it all on inflated prices. It's entirely in character for Ashley to tell his underlings different things and let them fight it out, and it's entirely unhelpful.

It would suggest a bit of being a tight arse or incompetence on Lee's part had it not been for the club having previous.

Or prices being ridiculous this summer.  When they set the budget and how much goes to each player they probably didnt know the fees would be so high this summer. Especially if Prem players are being targeted

Say Ashley said "here's 100m, do what you want" then Rafa picked 8 players he wants and would fit in budget, then all of a sudden we go to those 8 clubs and turns out 100m will only stretch to 5 of them.  Takes time to sort that and get to the 2nd/3rd/4th choices.  I'm not convinced Murphy would have been one of the first choices. Lejeune probably was

It would suggest a bit of being a tight arse or incompetence on Lee's part had it not been for the club having previous.

Or prices being ridiculous this summer.  When they set the budget and how much goes to each player they probably didnt know the fees would be so high this summer. Especially if Prem players are being targeted

Say Ashley said "here's 100m, do what you want" then Rafa picked 8 players he wants and would fit in budget, then all of a sudden we go to those 8 clubs and turns out 100m will only stretch to 5 of them.  Takes time to sort that and get to the 2nd/3rd/4th choices.  I'm not convinced Murphy would have been one of the first choices. Lejeune probably was

Well Premier League money went daft just as we got relegated so we were always going to have to catch up.

Throw in that the market hasn't really got going yet. Many players we were linked with early haven't moved anywhere yet and some of the clubs you'd expect to be in and around us have done little.

It's fairly obvious what the real story is because it was proven in a court of law that the regime intentionally mislead. 

Keegan revealed some of the tricks on ESPN the other year and it wont have changed. It's how Ashley rolls.  Just need to look no further than his current business which is in court trying to get out of paying that lump.

Seems clear to me to be a reminder to Charnley. He's obviously been sticking his oar in refusing to pay £X for certain players or £X on wages. If Ashley said Rafa could do that, and he wants a player then he should decide how much he is worth. Gotta admire the blokes bottle anyway!