Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

i was a pissy fanny about Rafa at the start of the window, but fuck me i was bollocksy wrong.

the guy is a genius, the club has a settled squad, ridded the bad eggs and has money to spend if needed in Jan.

on and off the field we are one, even MA can be tolerated for now, lets get on with the job  HWTL  :snod:

Anyone think he might try a bit of 352 this season? Our squad is quite well suited for it with Mbemba, Lascelles and Dummett/Clark as the CBs, Yedlin and Lazaar as wing backs with a central trio of Hayden, Shelvey and Ritchie and Gayle and Mitrovic up front.

Of course it's far more likely that he sticks with the 4231 that he knows, but wouldn't be all that surprised if he gave it a go.

Not sure where I saw this but I thought Rafa’s rotation was generally not in the spine of the team? He always seemed to have a core set of players through the middle, at Liverpool, but would rotate wider options a lot.

This is the only way rotation can work + resting older players.You want to keep the spine consistent, perhaps only resting them ahead of big games.

From NUFC website

There was a feeling Newcastle were previously signing players to use the Club as a stepping stone to bigger clubs, is that no longer the case?

"The main thing is that the Club is in control and we are signing players who are right for this Club and for our Championship campaign. It cannot be the other way around.

We are only interested in bringing players to Newcastle who want to work hard for the Club and the team; not players who want to be at another club maybe next year or the year after.

We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United.

Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this Club. They should feel the same passion that the fans feel, then you have a great relationship between the players and the supporters in the stadium.

It is magical when that happens and it can help us achieve great things together."

From NUFC website

There was a feeling Newcastle were previously signing players to use the Club as a stepping stone to bigger clubs, is that no longer the case?

"The main thing is that the Club is in control and we are signing players who are right for this Club and for our Championship campaign. It cannot be the other way around.

We are only interested in bringing players to Newcastle who want to work hard for the Club and the team; not players who want to be at another club maybe next year or the year after.

Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this Club. They should feel the same passion that the fans feel, then you have a great relationship between the players and the supporters in the stadium.

It is magical when that happens and it can help us achieve great things together."

:sweetjesus: :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

The main thing is that the Club is in control and we are signing players who are right for this Club and for our Championship campaign. It cannot be the other way around.

This quote has made me realise we need a 'not worthy'prostration smiley.

The main thing is that the Club is in control and we are signing players who are right for this Club and for our Championship campaign. It cannot be the other way around.

This quote has made me realise we need a 'not worthy'prostration smiley.

Whadda guy.