Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Imagine what might have been had we appointed someone of this man's calibre back in 2010

Should've went for him after the end of 2012/13. IMO.

Someone capable for 2004/5 instead of Souness surely, when all the rot started for the very first time.

Imagine what might have been had we appointed someone of this man's calibre back in 2010

Should've went for him after the end of 2012/13. IMO.

Someone capable for 2004/5 instead of Souness surely, when all the rot started for the very first time.

Agreed. It wouldn't have been Rafa though, he was at Liverpool when the club handled the Sir Bobby situation very badly.

That would be verging on small time.  Rafa's said it once, doesn't need to be mentioned again or made a big deal of.

:thup:

Aye, hammering it home implies that it needs to be said, when it really shouldn't need to be.

This. A banner saying we're not a stepping stone club immediately confirms our status as stepping stone club.

That would be verging on small time.  Rafa's said it once, doesn't need to be mentioned again or made a big deal of.

Aye, hammering it home implies that it needs to be said, when it really shouldn't need to be.

This. A banner saying we're not a stepping stone club immediately confirms our status as stepping stone club.

It confirms we were a stepping stone.

Guest Howaythetoon

Replace Sir Bobby with Rafa and we compete for league titles, cups and go far in Europe. FS, however, went for fucking Souness!

It confirms we were a stepping stone.

Aye. It stresses the change that Rafa has brought. Previously under Ashley the club has been a stepping stone. Not anymore.

Literally love Rafa. He's been pure class. The stepping stone comment is brilliant as it underpins what most fans have felt upset by for years, the devaluing of our club to entice talent that doesn't want to be here. Fuck that. Get the players in that want to fight for it, because that tends to win you more games than pure technique alone.

I really feel we will win something meaningful if Rafa is here for 4 years and given the right support.

Guest The King of Zembla

AT Newcastle Rafa doesn't have to tolerate any shite from anyone and the fans will back him everytime. His position here is tantamount to bacon-face's at Man United and he can afford to dispense with any would be stepping-stoners as Ferguson did with the dog fondler, van Horsemush etc...

supermac in the chronicle;

I was invited into Rafa’s inner sanctum after Newcastle’s win against Brighton and it was a real eye-opener. So refreshing.

There he was with his coaches holding court. He talked to every single person in the room including a lot of fans and I’ve never see a manager do that straight after a game. He was open and honest, asked their opinions, and listened to their answers. How often does that happen with supporters?

It was a wonderful piece of PR. If only his boss Mike Ashley would do the same!

Chris Hughton came in and was welcomed warmly by Rafa which was good to see. Two good managers chewing the fat.

Rafa was relaxed, enjoyed mixing with fans, and then took a helicopter back to Merseyside. Good job done on the pitch and in the lounge afterwards.

supermac in the chronicle;

I was invited into Rafa’s inner sanctum after Newcastle’s win against Brighton and it was a real eye-opener. So refreshing.

There he was with his coaches holding court. He talked to every single person in the room including a lot of fans and I’ve never see a manager do that straight after a game. He was open and honest, asked their opinions, and listened to their answers. How often does that happen with supporters?

It was a wonderful piece of PR. If only his boss Mike Ashley would do the same!

Chris Hughton came in and was welcomed warmly by Rafa which was good to see. Two good managers chewing the fat.

Rafa was relaxed, enjoyed mixing with fans, and then took a helicopter back to Merseyside. Good job done on the pitch and in the lounge afterwards.

:smitten:

Great to see he actually listens to fans. We've felt as though we've been ignored for so long, successive managers serving up shit after shit. He also doesn't patronise. It'll be a while before I forget McClaren's 'magnificent performance' spiel after being 3 or 4 nowt.

It'd be just our luck for his helicopter to crash :/

fuckin hell :lol:

well thats how much we've been damaged over the years.

I know - it breeds pessimism the way we've been treated. I've been worrying about the heart attack risk too - he works so hard and is still carrying weight.