Now it's "Rafa's Toon Army"

Ben(itez), most club's fans would turn you away

We won't listen to a word they say

They don't see you as we do

I wish they would try to

I'm sure they'd think again

If they had a boss like Ben(itez)

Guest neesy111

Rafa says everyone apart from one person was nice to them when they visited sites around the region. wonder who/ what that was about [emoji38]

Madras.

The only thing that can scupper your season - ending up in the play offs for example - is a deep cup run. Rafa will not be able to resist pitting his wits against Prem teams. By virtue of changing your team for one match with another in mind, you're diverting players from the immediate task ahead, even if you don't mean to. We saw it lots at Liverpool - poor, distracted matches before and after major cup games. Players not performing their best with one eye on conserving energy and staying fit for a 'bigger' game. In-form players who might nick you it in a tight one resting on the bench.  Rafa likes to win cups and yes, he sometimes did. But his job here is to get you in the Premier league. Let's face it, it's very unlikely you'll win the league cup. Promotion is more important than reaching a semi final. If you get to a two-legged semi...hmmm. I genuinely thought he'd play his best side today and make a few changes on Tuesday. Surprised he didn't (but not surprised...) and I think he got it wrong.

The only thing that can scupper your season - ending up in the play offs for example - is a deep cup run. Rafa will not be able to resist pitting his wits against Prem teams. By virtue of changing your team for one match with another in mind, you're diverting players from the immediate task ahead, even if you don't mean to. We saw it lots at Liverpool - poor, distracted matches before and after major cup games. Players not performing their best with one eye on conserving energy and staying fit for a 'bigger' game. In-form players who might nick you it in a tight one resting on the bench.  Rafa likes to win cups and yes, he sometimes did. But his job here is to get you in the Premier league. Let's face it, it's very unlikely you'll win the league cup. Promotion is more important than reaching a semi final. If you get to a two-legged semi...hmmm. I genuinely thought he'd play his best side today and make a few changes on Tuesday. Surprised he didn't (but not surprised...) and I think he got it wrong.

Assuming you're right in what you are saying, do you think he'd have done the same thing if we didn't have such a big cushion going into the game?

Everything you've said there just makes me excited for Tuesday tbh. :laugh:

Assuming you're right in what you are saying, do you think he'd have done the same thing if we didn't have such a big cushion going into the game?

Everything you've said there just makes me excited for Tuesday tbh. :laugh:

Probably not, but not with any great certainty. Rafa loves a cup and a big game. The ones in and around them less so. I remember losing at Boro before beating Real ****ing  Madrid.

I agree he got it wrong today but why didn't he do more to put it right ?

No one is beyond criticism, he definately left it far too late. It clearly wasn't working or was ever going too.

Lets hope,it's one of a few blips we can deal with.

Rafa says everyone apart from one person was nice to them when they visited sites around the region. wonder who/ what that was about [emoji38]

Madras.

If it had said "everyone apart from one person licked his arse when they visited sites around the region. wonder who/ what that was about" then you'd have been closer.

Absolutely on the button....Promotion - and automatic at that - is the aim - NOTHING else.

Unlikely to win, yes. But with a manager who knows how to win and a squad peppered with enough egos desperate to show their premiership potential, and the size of the fight 'in the other dogs' maybe not being as big as the size of the fight in us (for the EFL Cup) I am, genuinely hopeful. HTL!