Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Mackem Jonathan Wilson's view on Football Weekly is that their only hope of survival is now catching Palace because he thinks Rafa will get us out of it no problem.

Get in.

Next up for Newcastle is the Tyne-Wear derby against Sunderland on Sunday, when the stakes could hardly be higher. “Every game is important but this one is the most important because it is the next one, it’s a derby,, and because of the position in the table,” Benítez said.“I told the players they have to play without anxiety, because they will make more mistakes. They have to play with great commitment, working really hard, but they have to use the brain and try and play good football. In this way we can create more chances and maybe take more chances.”

None of the usual bullshit about it being a battle or the winner will be whoever wants it most. Of course commitment is important, but just as important is making your quality count. He really is a breath of fresh air.

Next up for Newcastle is the Tyne-Wear derby against Sunderland on Sunday, when the stakes could hardly be higher. “Every game is important but this one is the most important because it is the next one, it’s a derby,, and because of the position in the table,” Benítez said.“I told the players they have to play without anxiety, because they will make more mistakes. They have to play with great commitment, working really hard, but they have to use the brain and try and play good football. In this way we can create more chances and maybe take more chances.”

None of the usual bullshit about it being a battle or the winner will be whoever wants it most. Of course commitment is important, but just as important is making your quality count. He really is a breath of fresh air.

He's class, all he needs is a suit that fits.

Guest firetotheworks

I've immediately warmed to him like. It makes it that much easier to when he speaks complete sense and says the things that you'd expect someone that knows even a little bit about football to say. It puts you at ease a bit when you read things like that instead of quotes about how it's going to be a battle and so on.

He's class, all he needs is a suit that fits.

:lol:

He definitely has weird suits. Either too tight or too big. Like an uncle.

Pretty much everything about him impresses me, but a standout was after the game where either the possible off-side or penalty claim was mentioned and he just dismissed it.

Paraphrased - 'These are things you cannot change so they're not worth talking about'. Contrast that to most other managers whinging on about refs and decisions costing them.

Pretty much everything about him impresses me, but a standout was after the game where either the possible off-side or penalty claim was mentioned and he just dismissed it.

Paraphrased - 'These are things you cannot change so they're not worth talking about'. Contrast that to most other managers whinging on about refs and decisions costing them.

I noticed that as well, makes a big change to pardiola. And I completely agree, it's done so there's no point whinging about it, just focus on how we played and on the next game.

When I watched the first 15-20 mins I just felt that if we got the 1st goal the flood gates would open. We really looked so much more organised.  Just wasn't our night EVERY 50:50 went their way.