Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

When I watched the first 15-20 mins I just felt that if we got the 1st goal the flood gates would open. We really looked so much more organised.  Just wasn't our night EVERY 50:50 went their way.

Leicester forces 50-50s to go their way. It's amazing how hard they work in an intelligent, controlled way.

I know its been said but itll be heartbreaking in the summer if we go down and he leaves.

He's the man who could lead us to far bigger and better things if we stay up.

I'm shitting myself over this. We may have to wait another 10-15 years just to get this kind of chance again.

I know its been said but itll be heartbreaking in the summer if we go down and he leaves.

He's the man who could lead us to far bigger and better things if we stay up.

I'm shitting myself over this. We may have to wait another 10-15 years just to get this kind of chance again.

Me too, it actually made me far more nervous when he was appointed because we now actually have something to hope for, which means something to lose lol

Guest Kaz1983_Liverpool

How will Rafa set the midfield up? Will he stick with a 5 man midfield, 2-3 midfield?

Two deeper midfielders - an energetic, ball winning type and more create deep playmaking type.

Three attack minded players - two attacking midfielders, that can create/press and one wide forward looking to support the lone forward.

Newcastle's midfield options:

Moussa Sissoko

Georginio Wijnaldum

Jack Colback

Vurnon Anita?

Siem de Jong

Jonjo Shelvey

Henri Saivet?

Andros Townsend?

Cheick Tiote

Ayoze Perez?

I think Moussa Sissoko/Jonjo Shelvy/Georginio Wijnaldum CM/AM set up might be the go.

1. CM with a physical presence, an energetic and put himself about.

2. CM with a good range of passing and can use that start attacks from deep or who can circulate the ball.

3. AM who can drop deep when possession is lost, supporting the CM's but has the pace to make runs into the box and link up with the CF - a creative type.

How will Rafa set the midfield up? Will he stick with a 5 man midfield, 2-3 midfield?

Two deeper midfielders - an energetic, ball winning type and more create deep playmaking type.

Three attack minded players - two attacking midfielders, that can create/press and one wide forward looking to support the lone forward.

Newcastle's midfield options:

Moussa Sissoko

Georginio Wijnaldum

Jack Colback

Vurnon Anita?

Siem de Jong

Jonjo Shelvey

Henri Saivet?

Andros Townsend?

Cheick Tiote

Ayoze Perez?

I think Moussa Sissoko/Jonjo Shelvy/Georginio Wijnaldum CM/AM set up might be the go.

1. CM with a physical presence, an energetic and put himself about.

2. CM with a good range of passing and can use that start attacks from deep or who can circulate the ball.

3. AM who can drop deep when possession is lost, supporting the CM's but has the pace to make runs into the box and link up with the CF - a creative type.

Wijnaldum isn't really creative at all

Supposedly he has met with Armstrong at the training ground. Assuming that he hasn't been recalled, can we look into this as Benitez possibly staying on regardless of whether or not we stay up? Seems a little pointless in meeting Armstrong at this point otherwise.

Supposedly he has met with Armstrong at the training ground. Assuming that he hasn't been recalled, can we look into this as Benitez possibly staying on regardless of whether or not we stay up? Seems a little pointless in meeting Armstrong at this point otherwise.

Armstrong visited Rafa off his own bat apparently.

What are the lyrics to that Rafa song they were singing last night?  Tune's been in me head all day.

Rafa Benitez, Rafa Benitez

Chancel Mbemba, Gini Wijnaldum, Shelvey and Perez

Rafa Benitez, Rafa Benitez.

To what tune?

https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/709470519628795906

God, I'm starting to hate mobile phones. There's  always some moron holding a phone filming everything that is happening, it's like they live their life through their cell phones. Some people even go to concerts and film the whole thing with their phones instead of exeriencing it ffs :lol:

I'm moving to a cabin in the woods! :D

I'd be considering just dropping Gini now. No conviction in anything he does at the minute. Bring Siem back in.

Great idea, we're struggling for goals - let's drop our top scorer.

I don't see how you could make a very strong argument if he was dropped TBH, he's been poor for ages.

Guest firetotheworks

What are the lyrics to that Rafa song they were singing last night?  Tune's been in me head all day.

To what tune?

God, I'm starting to hate mobile phones. There's  always some moron holding a phone filming everything that is happening, it's like they live their life through their cell phones. Some people even go to concerts and film the whole thing with their phones instead of exeriencing it ffs :lol:

The thing with this that I don't get is, even if you're someone who wants to film the experience so that you can watch it later, 1. The quality is nothing like real life. 2. You're stopping yourself from watching it in the moment and 3. There are hundreds of other people doing the same, so all you have to do is go on YT afterwards if you want to relive the experience.

I'd be considering just dropping Gini now. No conviction in anything he does at the minute. Bring Siem back in.

Hasn't scored or looked like scoring in about two months tbf. I'd probably put him back on the wing and move Sissoko central though

To what tune?

The thing with this that I don't get is, even if you're someone who wants to film the experience so that you can watch it later, 1. The quality is nothing like real life. 2. You're stopping yourself from watching it in the moment and 3. There are hundreds of other people doing the same, so all you have to do is go on YT afterwards if you want to relive the experience.

Exactly this! That was what I was trying to convey, in an awful way :)

I don't see how you could make a very strong argument if he was dropped TBH, he's been poor for ages.

I don't think he was poor against Leicester. Who'd you drop him for?

The argument would be that he'd be replaced by...? Have we got anyone who is any way proven to score goals/do anything good, apart from ol' Papiss?

I still can't believe we managed to ruin a perfectly good song :lol: why try and squeeze in an extra player ffs?

Probably largely to do with our fanbase being thick as whale spunk.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/100million-tyne-wear-derby-newcastle-11051754

Is this the first £100million Tyne-Wear derby?

Let’s start the bidding at £80million – the amount of money pledged to Rafa Benitez as a starting point for a summer transfer budget when he was locked in that rapid first round of discussions with Lee Charnley last week.

:spit: