Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Of course the transfer funds available would be a key part of Rafa's decision. BBC just pointing out the obvious, they may as well have wrote an article saying "Rafa will only stay on as manager, not a physio".

I thought it was common knowledge that NUFC and Rafa met twice this week and had arranged to meet again next Monday after the contracts etc had been drawn up? There will be no more news until early next week at the earliest, all articles between now and then are just speculation/reaffirming what we already know.

One thing is pretty much certain and that is if Rafa doesn't stay or is replaced with a manager of a similar standard, then this club should be left to burn to the ground, all support financial or otherwise should be withdrawn (as much as that is possible) and the Ashley out campaign should get everyone's 100% backing. We should know in days if we still actually have a club to follow.

If we assume Sissoko, Janmaat and Wijnaldum leave, that's gong to generate about £30m straight off the bat. They are all on long contracts so we don't have to sell them cheap. So I don't really see funds to buy players as being a problem. Some of these articles are absolute horseshit.

Guest Julie Anderton

If we assume Sissoko, Janmaat and Wijnaldum leave, that's gong to generate about £30m straight off the bat. They are all on long contracts so we don't have to sell them cheap. So I don't really see funds to buy players as being a problem. Some of these articles are absolute horseshit.

I doubt we'll be looking at that kind of bunce, especially if anyone's been watching.

I doubt we'll be looking at that kind of bunce, especially if anyone's been watching.

Then why would we sell them?

@CraigHope_DM: Benitez/NUFC appear to be breaking off. Rafa not happy with budget. Warnock now favourite.

Just got in from hearing nothing all day and that is the first fucking thing i read. I was close to tears for about 5 seconds there. That has wounded me internally.

Yeah Leazes needs to have a long, hard look at himself then take a long, hard broomstick to his rusty bullet hole.  :kasper: :kasper: Especially if it becomes a portent of things yet to emerge

:lol:

Well it is a problem if Sports Direct United continues it's practice of accepting payment/incoming fees in the form of instalments. And of course we only pay transfer fees in full. Throw in the s*** (ie agent fees, player wage/1st year of their cintract) we seem to throw into the equation when assessing the total cost of an icoming deal.  A manager's buying power, at SDFC, is hampered by the manner the club conducts it's transfer business and £30m (straight off the bat) doesn't necessarily equate (conveniently so for the club's number crunchers) to a kitty that is equal of fees received. Of course Rafa wants assurances, given SDFC's policies are quite well known.

MA:  Charnley, get in here!

LC:  Yes Mr Ashley?

MA: How are negotiations going with that spanish fellow?

LC:  All set sir, he's agreed to all the terms!

MA:  Well, hold on there Charnley.  I think I want to substantially reduce the transfer funds made available to him.

LC:  But Mr. Ashley, we've already agreed...

MA:  Rubbish, if I can fuck over Keegan, I can fuck over this Rafa Benitez!  Why are you still standing there, tell him my decision is final!  Oh, and Charnley...send in Miss Peevish on your way out.

MP:  Yes Mr Ashley?

MA:  Ring up Neil Warnock for me...but before you do...call Joe Kinnear.  Let the phone ring 2 times...no more...and hang up.  Then when he calls back tell him he must be mistaken, no one called him from here...