Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

If he's gonna walk he better do it before my first direct debit payment is taken

That's what I was thinking although my 1st payment for next season comes out on Monday so I'm resigned to losing that regardless now.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-nickson-appointed

Newcastle United has today appointed former Under-21s scout, Steve Nickson, as the club's new head of recruitment following the departure of former chief scout Graham Carr last week.

Steve will work closely with manager Rafa Benítez and assumes responsibility for the organisation and management of player recruitment at all levels across the club.

Steve, along with Rafa and managing director Lee Charnley, will evaluate all aspects of United's player recruitment function, including the processes and systems used for scouting players at all levels throughout the club to ensure Newcastle United is best positioned to achieve its targets in this and future seasons.

Manager Rafa Benítez said: "I'd like to congratulate Steve and welcome him to his new role with the club.

"Steve has done an excellent job in the scouting department at Under-21 level and I am very confident that he will bring his many strengths to this new role, improving and building on our first team recruitment strategy, as well as that at all levels throughout the club."

One of my best mates mam's works at Nestle with one of Dummett's best mates and she claims that Dummett's mate has told her that Dummett has rung him up today and said that Rafa has rang and apologised to all the players and that he's walked.

:lol:

Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

Fwiw, my dad got a text from a pal saying that he'd lump good money on Rafa having walked by the start of the week. I don't buy it myself, especially with the scout story on .co.uk.

Aye that's positive that there's comments from Rafa on him being hired like.

Business as usual by the looks of that article, be odd to see them sort of comments from him if he was on the way out

What's the scout story got to do with it?

The rumour is he's already said his farewells to the players, yet he's quoted in an article published today. Admittedly, that's putting a lot of good faith into the integrity of the club's media team but I'm clinging to it.

The rumour is he's already said his farewells to the players, yet he's quoted in an article published today. Admittedly, that's putting a lot of good faith into the integrity of the club's media team but I'm clinging to it.

tbf those quotes don't sound very Rafa-esque =\ not bricking it yet but definitely prairie-dogging it.

tbf those quotes don't sound very Rafa-esque =\ not bricking it yet but definitely prairie-dogging it.

Read 'club' as 'cloob' and you'll feel a lot better mate.

These embarrassing "I know x, who told me y" ITK stories are fucking grim and reminiscent to RTG.

If you're going to post shit like that, fuck off and do it on Twitter with all the other morons.

Amen.

Read 'club' as 'cloob' and you'll feel a lot better mate.

:lol:

Works. :thup:

Guest neesy111

Seems Rafa would have to pay to leave his contract according to this article. Let's hope they don't push too many of his buttons...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/why-rafa-benitez-would-pay-a-high-price-if-he-quit-newcastle-1-8625874

I seem to remember Ashley inserting something similar in Keegan's contract.  Constructive dismissal.....

Guest firetotheworks

I mean the media aren't exactly to be trusted, but the blanket dismissal of everything the media's reporting about the club is just pure naivety like.

Guest palnese

I'd like to congratulate Steven Nickson and welcome him to his new role with the club. Steve has done an excellent job in the scouting department at Under-21s level and I am very confident that he will bring his many strengths to this new role, improving and building on our First Team recruitment strategy, as well as that at all levels throughout the club. COME ON TOONS!