Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Literally just spoken to my Man at the school......Benitez was expecting at least 2 in by now and is 'very annoyed, situation is deadly serious.

f***s sake man.

Meanwhile, Charnley is on a tour of China.

It doesn't inspire me with much confidence when Atsu is the only player we've signed and we're waiting on Gouffran. Sounds like there's been stuff going on behind he scenes.

I hope a load of quality players start rolling in asap but i hope it's just frustration in the market causing the delay a step opposed to something more sinister.

Whats most worrying for me regarding these rumours of Rafa being unhappy is the fact that this time last year Rafa was talking to the press in June, whereas theres nothing this summer - no quotes at all, he's not talking to the local press, not even an interview on the official site.

If I was Rafa and I'd decided to forego a holiday in order to get deals lined up etc I'd be seriously pissed with the situation. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the 'takeover' talk is a smokescreen similar to previously, and that rafa is being lied to behind the scenes.

FFS why can't we just be run like a normal fucking club?

It's not that hard to sign players though.  Agree a fee, agree terms, pay the money and sign the contract.  The only difficulty comes when you're trying to play the twat with it and most people in this game will see right through that shite.

Rafa gave his statement and said enjoy the summer... what do people on here and twitter do? Keep hitting the refresh button for some bad news that will never arrive...

The press have shown themselves up to be utterly clueless. Lee Ryder in particular.. tweeted that this was all bullshit but then goes and runs the story anyway. Why?

He's either putting the article up knowing full well it was bullshit.. or he's showing himself up to be clueless by tweeting that this was all bollocks when he hadn't got a clue to begin with.

I say it's the former.

They're playing us like a fucking fiddle.. just use your brains. Ads.. revenue for clicks etc.

Yes we're all disappointed we haven't signed 7 players by now.

But if someone could list every player we've been linked with since the end of the season it would be clear as day they are all talking bollocks.

We're a business model for these journalists who at the end of the day answer to revenue reports and not journalistic integrity.. and the hysteria on here must be like the fucking gravy train for them.

Rafa gave his statement and said enjoy the summer... what do people on here and twitter do? Keep hitting the refresh button for some bad news that will never arrive...

The press have shown themselves up to be utterly clueless. Lee Ryder in particular.. tweeted that this was all bullshit but then goes and runs the story anyway. Why?

He's either putting the article up knowing full well it was bullshit.. or he's showing himself up to be clueless by tweeting that this was all bollocks when he hadn't got a clue to begin with.

I say it's the former.

They're playing us like a fucking fiddle.. just use your brains. Ads.. revenue for clicks etc.

But if someone could list every player we've been linked with since the end of the season it would be clear as day they are all talking bollocks.

We're a business model for these journalists who at the end of the day answer to revenue reports and not journalistic integrity.. and the hysteria on here must be like the fucking gravy train for them.

It's also becoming clear as day that Rafa isn't being backed as he should be.

Why did he not take a holiday again? Something to do with being able to get things sorted out in good time before pre-season no?

I say it's the former.

Why did he not take a holiday again? Something to do with being able to get things sorted out in good time before pre-season no?

it really is not

if we don't have a few in before preseason training kicks off then i'd say there's maybe something to worry about but not until then

I say it's the former.

They're playing us like a f***ing fiddle.. just use your brains. Ads.. revenue for clicks etc.

We're a business model for these journalists who at the end of the day answer to revenue reports and not journalistic integrity.. and the hysteria on here must be like the f***ing gravy train for them.

Pure speculation. He might just not like holidays.

Or he's sitting in a caravan right now with a couple of fellow naturists in Sandy Bay, with Mrs Benitez cooking up a fry before  naked twister tequila night begins later on.

I say it's the former.

it really is not

if we don't have a few in before preseason training kicks off then i'd say there's maybe something to worry about but not until then

3 days then

I say it's the former.

it really is not

3 days then

preseason training kicks off on monday?  aha, didn't know that :lol: 

my initial date before pushing the button was the end of next week, stand by that

Guest Howaythetoon

My money is still on him not being here for the first league game of the season. This club man :lol:

We've seen this so many times before and there's a lot of wishful thinking on here. Whenever Ashley is concerned, very rarely has there been no smoke without fire. He's a proven liar and cheat. The notion that he's somehow bought into the project or been won over by the excitement and positivity surrounding the club is, in my opinion, delusional optimism.

I'm not convinced Rafa will resign yet - I think he does feel a bond and still believes in the idea of his project - but if we're at the end of July with very little progress in the transfer market, I have no doubt that he will make a very calculated decision involving the value of his reputation, the minimum level of respect and commitment he demands and his realistic view on the squad's potential vs the kinship I believe he feels for the club and the fanbase, the belief of whether he can whether a storm at boardroom level until there is a takeover/sufficient unrest that he can harness it to his advantage and the reality of other available positions in England.

My reluctant conclusion is that, absent 3-4 signings over the next month, he will resign with his reputation and employability intact rather than become involved in a sideshow boardroom-politics dispute. I hope I'm wrong, but I have no doubt that he's mighty hacked off because a promise has been broken (yet again).