Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I'd like to congratulate Steven Nickson and welcome him to his new role with the club. Steve has done an excellent job in the scouting department at Under-21s level and I am very confident that he will bring his many strengths to this new role, improving and building on our First Team recruitment strategy, as well as that at all levels throughout the club. COME ON TOONS!

Some positivity, finally!

This here, means to me more than anything any two-bob journalist can put out these days. By my reckoning there was some fuck-up somewhere in our transfer plans, and Rafa probably went above Charnley's head to Ashley and demanded it got sorted out. Couple of weeks to boot out Carr and restructure the team, and hopefully now back on track.

We'll be getting quoted ott prices for players this early into the window and there's obvious disappointment with Abraham. There's also the likelihood that players don't see Newcastle as the attractive proposition that we and possibly Rafa does. It would be lovely to announce a signing early next week to take the heat out of things a bit. We also need to beat our record transfer fee sooner rather than later to get Mike used to writing large cheques. If he's quibbling he needs to get out of that pretty quickly.

On a side note; I was told well over 2 years ago that Steve Nickson was the bloke who was identifying the talent so hopefully Rafa/ his team have seen something in him and this is a positive appointment. Surely Ashley can't be stupid enough to let everything that is now positive explode in his face? Can he?

Well that's me convinced now, I really needed to see a "COME ON TOONS" before I was happy with where we are at.

Aye, that bit was a positive unless it's lost in translation and should have said 'So long Toons, the texts to Dummett's Aunties best friend who knew the butcher that saw Alfie's Dad doon the cloob and let it slip was true'

We'll be getting quoted ott prices for players this early into the window and there's obvious disappointment with Abraham. There's also the likelihood that players don't see Newcastle as the attractive proposition that we and possibly Rafa does. It would be lovely to announce a signing early next week to take the heat out of things a bit. We also need to beat our record transfer fee sooner rather than later to get Mike used to writing large cheques. If he's quibbling he needs to get out of that pretty quickly.

On a side note; I was told well over 2 years ago that Steve Nickson was the bloke who was identifying the talent so hopefully Rafa/ his team have seen something in him and this is a positive appointment. Surely Ashley can't be stupid enough to let everything that is now positive explode in his face? Can he?

We are an extremely attractive club, certainly more attractive than fucking Swansea. If we really want a player and will pay the going rate, we will have no problem bringing players here.

We are an extremely attractive club, certainly more attractive than f***ing Swansea. If we really want a player and will pay the going rate, we will have no problem bringing players here.

Swansea may well have agreed more than the going rate though, if there's anything to the rumours about additional payments requested by the agent. Mike doesn't like being taken for a ride and he's going to have to accept that it will and does happen with the sea of money available.

'attractiveness' these days amounts to little more than how much you'll pay if you want in demand players at the top level, the fact we pull in 50k crowds and are totally mint won't matter a fuck to this generation of footballer

'attractiveness' these days amounts to little more than how much you'll pay if you want in demand players at the top level, the fact we pull in 50k crowds and are totally mint won't matter a fuck to this generation of footballer

So yeah, part of being attractive is paying the going rate.

This here, means to me more than anything any two-bob journalist can put out these days. By my reckoning there was some f***-up somewhere in our transfer plans, and Rafa probably went above Charnley's head to Ashley and demanded it got sorted out. Couple of weeks to boot out Carr and restructure the team, and hopefully now back on track.

Yes, this sounds likely.