Liverpool vs Newcastle United - Saturday 23rd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Kaizero

It would be better for us if Liverpool go full strength against us. Much rather play against players with an eye on the semi final, not wanting to get injured, rather than the youngsters itching to prove they should be given a chance for it.

I would like to see Aarons in for Perez. Perez can't last the full 90. He would be better running in behind defenders late on. Aarons vs Clyne would be better. And Mitro up front. Liverpool's cntral defence aren't very physical and wouldn't like Mitro roughing them up. Cisse would be easy meat for them.

I would like to see Aarons in for Perez. Perez can't last the full 90. He would be better running in behind defenders late on. Aarons vs Clyne would be better. And Mitro up front. Liverpool's cntral defence aren't very physical and wouldn't like Mitro roughing them up. Cisse would be easy meat for them.

Mitro hasn't roughed up any defender this season in the first half of a game. If we are feeding off scraps in the first half, Cisse has to start.

Mind you, if Lucas is playing centre back for them, I might be tempted to start Mitrovic.

If we have to lose it then we need to ensure we don't get thrashed, as this season could easily come down to goal difference.

They'll play a weakened team and have one eye on the cup semi, if we've ever had a chance there then it is now.

We'll be unchanged from Tuesday I think, they've got more than enough to get something against Liverpool's ressies.

No chance.  Liverpool in their best form of the season and last day Spurs will spank us.

6 points will keep us up though and we'll get it off Palace and Villa.

You reckon...the mackems and Norwich both have Watford to play and the mackems will beat Everton.

If we play like we did against City in the Liverpool game we could definitely pick up points. Liverpool are dangerous and hitting some form, but Everton were equally as bad against them.

If the mackems get beat off Arsenal then losing this game might not have too much bearing, so long as we don't take a confidence or heavy GD hit.

The Palace game is the key; Norwich and Sunderland have rotten fixtures that weekend and it's our big chance to get ahead.

Guest firetotheworks

In traditional NUFC heartbreaking style, I'm pretty much expecting us to win our remaining fixtures - only for Sunderland or Norwich to do the very same.

That would still get us out of it if Palace and West Brom lost their matches. :lol: