Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

That guy has it all wrong. Theirs no hatred between them, at least not from us but after the way a lot of them went on can you blame a lot of our fans from taking a little something from it happening to them?

He says it's all about football fans taking the mick out of each other and this time we have our chance to have our go at them (though it may come back to hurt us far sooner than it has for Villa), yet he's spent the majority of his interview shooting us down saying it won't get to them, our efforts arn't as good as theirs etc. Had our fans not wanted the glory before the day of it happening then the banners they made would probably have just as much coverage as his did. Aye ok they look shot quality, bit at least they haven't spent all week and loads of money creating a banner about a situation which may not occur like he did 7 years ago. Time for him to get a grip, he had a pop at us, time for him to man up and accept that some of our fans can now have a pop at them. He can call it hatred, he can call it revenge, or he can call it what it was when he did it, football fans having a laugh at one an another.

I could understand Villa having a laugh at us when they sent us down, we would had we done it to  an Everton or Spurs of that time but they did go over the top from what I saw. As for Brummie, good poster who tells it like it is not only when they are in the shit and can't argue against it really. (and I'd forgive him shagging the wife for creating the Diego Swarfega wiki page)

Our fans would be daft to try taking the piss. The Villa fans aren't exactly happy with their team, but away fans having a go is only going to encourage them to give their players some support.

Just shut up and let Villa self-destruct.

Our fans would be daft to try taking the p*ss. The Villa fans aren't exactly happy with their team, but away fans having a go is only going to encourage them to give their players some support.

Away fans should join in with Villa home fans and shout at the Villa players and/or club...give them the same stick.

Brum's alright like. There are some cool spots but it's made worse by being 5 times the size of Newcastle with some horrific smelly areas. Aston certainly is one of them. Just don't get the plight of anyone who goes to that effort to make a dodgy atagonistic banner with nothing to do with your team. Unless it's a protest; they're great.

Feel absolutely sick thinking about this one. Almost gutted its Friday already. Couldn't be a bigger set of 3 results on Saturday.... well i guess at least until the next week.

Not in the least bit confident we will get more than a draw.

Pray for a Sunderland-esque beachball winner.

Imagine them being relegated by us scoring a winner via a deflection off a beachball.  Big slices of karma right there, would be beautiful.

Was Rafa the Liverpool manager when that happened ?

I might be wrong but from memory it wa James who was in goal when that happened, Dudek was there when Benitez arrived.

Pretty sure it was Reina in goal for that.

Yeah it was Reina, just checked. It was only in 2009 don't know what I was thinking :lol:

I dunno why, but that banner bloke reminds me of Fistpumps pretending to be hurt whenever he'd handled the ball. Aye, that hilarious.

From the outside, my own impression of Villa is that O'Neill wasted a f*ckton of Lerner's money and then Lerner got disillusioned and decided to run them on a shoestring. There's probably more to it than that though. There must be some clowns in the boardroom, because the McLeish appointment rivals us getting JFK.

If we win and both the mackems and Norwich lose :sweetjesus:

We play the worst team the Premier League has seen for years and the other two teams are playing Man Utd and Chelsea, yet it still feels that your outcome is really unlikely :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

IF me granny had had balls

Don't leave us with a cliffhanger like that. Please, continue...

Where's good for watching 3pm games in town these days? I've either not bothered or watched them locally all season.

Watched the game last week in the Strawberry - but be warned the picture quality of their feed isn't exactly great.

On the other side, there should be a decent atmosphere in there and of course the beer's good.

Guest firetotheworks

Upstairs in The Old George was often my choice but I haven't been for a year or two so I'm not sure if it's still any good.

Our fans would be daft to try taking the p*ss. The Villa fans aren't exactly happy with their team, but away fans having a go is only going to encourage them to give their players some support.

Away fans should join in with Villa home fans and shout at the Villa players and/or club...give them the same stick.

I don't think it works like that. It's like hearing someone slagging off a member of your family. You can do it, but when you hear someone else doing it, it's a different matter.

We play the worst team the Premier League has seen for years and the other two teams are playing Man Utd and Chelsea, yet it still feels that your outcome is really unlikely :lol:

This.

It would probably be a straightforward accumulator set of choices if it didn't have anything to do with us.

I just can't see it happening for the simple reason that we don't get that kind of luck.