Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Torres has enough left to be helpful for a team in our position. I worry that the wages he will require would be exorbitant for someone who would likely contributes off the substitute's bench, but not be a guaranteed starter. Gayle is the better player for NUFC at this point.

On the subject of strikers, I would be interested to see what Modeste could produce on a return to England after being complete rubbish for a doomed Blackburn five years ago. His form this year has been wonderful. Also, we should attempt to sign Iheanacho on loan or possibly full transfer when Pep discards him this summer. I'm confident he'd provide consistent goals if played regularly.

For what its worth, The Mirror are now reporting the Defoe story too.

I suppose if he did move here, he gets to stay in the PL for another season (assuming we go up), and gets to stay in the North East, and be close to his 'best friend'.

I think Torres has enough left to be helpful for a team in our position. I worry that the wages he will require would be exorbitant for someone who would likely contributes off the substitute's bench, but not be a guaranteed starter. Gayle is the better player for NUFC at this point.

On the subject of strikers, I would be interested to see what Modeste could produce on a return to England after being complete rubbish for a doomed Blackburn five years ago. His form this year has been wonderful. Also, we should attempt to sign Iheanacho on loan or possibly full transfer when Pep discards him this summer. I'm confident he'd provide consistent goals if played regularly.

The only reason I mentioned Torres was because the original version was an identikit model for Rafa's ideal striker. He's only 32, I was wondering whether Rafa would fancy himself of being the manager to get him back to what he was. Obviously if he's permanently lost his pace though, then he's a busted flush.

The only reason I mentioned Torres was because the original version was an identikit model for Rafa's ideal striker. He's only 32, I was wondering whether Rafa would fancy himself of being the manager to get him back to what he was. Obviously if he's permanently lost his pace though, then he's a busted flush.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/degrassi/images/e/ee/Cute-danisnotonfire-fuck-off-gif-Favim.com-962030.gif/revision/latest?cb=20141215205108

Obviously rate Defoe but not sure I'd want him here. He's very similar in style to Gayle, who I'd like to see us persevere with next season.

And if it gets to October and it doesn't look like Gayle is good enough to be a first choice?

I know his goals per game ratio is good but it's different keeping that level up for 30 odd starts, than say 12 starts and 17 sub apps. Defoe would be ideal as a first choice or cover if Gayle is flying.

Defoe will be attractive to a lot of teams because he's a deadly finisher on a free transfer. He's not Rafa's sort of player, but guaranteed goals is priceless. Especially if you are like us and don't have proven premier quality. Although I do expect Gayle to score goals next season if he gets the chance.

Defoe actually seems to care about Sunderland fans, especially the kid Bradley. Not sure he'd piss them off, especially when a few Premier League teams will also be after him. West Ham would be ahead of us, for example.