Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To explain a little bit Yorkie, a couple of years ago when he was like 17 Carvalho was hyped to the bloody moon.

Comparisons to Vieira and what not, but since then he's fallen off the radar of the elite a little bit. Not to say he's actually a fraud or anything but the CL clubs are not as keen as they were.

He'd still be a bloody great signing for us based on what I have seen for Portugal.(not gonna pretend I watch Lisbon on a regular basis or anything :lol:) Despite his standing dropping a little bit, he'd still represent a coup considering what we have been under Ashley.

I still find it a bit unrealistic, but I do feel like this is the type of player we should be targeting. A young player who while talented is off the radar of the big clubs for what ever reason.

He's 25 now mate.

Aye time flies by :lol: Think a new challenge and a change of scenery would be great for his career :thup: He wouldn't play for Portugal if he had absolutely no hunger left whatsoever (last bit wasn't a reply to your post Mole). Don't see it happening but I really hope it does.

Aye time flies by :lol: Think a new challenge and a change of scenery would be great for his career :thup: He wouldn't play for Portugal if he had absolutely no hunger left whatsoever (last bit wasn't a reply to your post Mole). Don't see it happening but I really hope it does.

I agree mind, I think it's unlikely personally but will obviously be very happy if it does.

As much as I didn't rate them in the end and that they didn't turn out right, players like Cabella, Thauvan, Janmaat, Sissoko and Gini for example under Rafa would all have improved immeasurably under such coaching and man management. Well, maybe not Sissoko....

Rafa dropped Gini and Janmaat

Aye, cause he had ten games to save our Premier League status, hardly enough time to start improving players. Rafa went with what he considered proven, experienced PL players, he didn't have time to take risks.

As much as I didn't rate them in the end and that they didn't turn out right, players like Cabella, Thauvan, Janmaat, Sissoko and Gini for example under Rafa would all have improved immeasurably under such coaching and man management. Well, maybe not Sissoko....

Rafa dropped Gini and Janmaat

Aye, cause he had ten games to save our Premier League status, hardly enough time to start improving players. Rafa went with what he considered proven, experienced PL players, he didn't have time to take risks.

More to do with Gini not trying than not having experience of the PL

He had a decent season with Liverpool? I can't say I've watched much (or any) PL at all this season.

I don't blame him for not giving a shit.. he was sold a pup by Graham Carr, like many before him and when the reality of Shteve being boss set in.. he obviously lost the will to live (or make an effort)

How much longer has De Jong got on his contract?

Winegum started off well, then dipped in mid season, come back strong after Mane injured and contributed a lot for their 4th position.  As a result he is a hero now and the deal considered to be a huge bargain at 25m.  Completely opposite to Sissoko.

There are not many Swedish players I would push for us to get, but I genuinely think it would be interesting to see how Emil Forsberg would play out at our club. Looking like he'll have a bit of hefty price-tag on him though. Apparently, he is leaving RB Leipzig this summer.

Just reports in Swedish media about him being available, you're right though there's no way would splash that type of money for him.

Reports of a fee between £40-50m and linked to Bayern, Arsenal, Liverpool and so on. Grew up a couple of 100m from me, really hope my local club get a couple of % of that sum.

You think he will go for a fee that high?

Naa, 15-20 with addons maybe. If he stays at RB and have the same season next year, he will go for Draxlermoney maybe.

RB wont sell for that, so think he will stay and dont think he want to leave that badly with CL football next season.