Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ElCid

Any NUFC transfer rumours? Or is it a case of we are sitting tight in the queue for the big targets. I'm guessing the next signings will be the expensive ones.

Don't hold your breath on that mind

"We won't be signing Kieran Gibbs," Pulis told Sky Sports. "We have to look for players that fit what we want to do and the way we want to play.

"We have three or four other targets we are desperate for. We are juggling with two at the moment and that's not Gibbs.

"Hopefully by the time we get back home we will have done those two."

Get a bid in Rafa.

They had a 10m bid rejected according sky sports news?

"We have too many players now, so not all of these players can have a future at the club," said Benitez.

"We have too many now and we need 25 players. I I don’t know about those leaving, because it depends on other clubs, but we continue to monitor every situation."

#selltobuy :pow:

The amount of dross on our books was always going to be a major issue this summer. Like it or not, we're not going to pay players not to be in the squad and lounge around collecting their wages. Therefore we need to find clubs to take them.

City initially rated Fernando at £10 million, as reported by The Sun, but are now looking to offload him for just £3 million.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/22/manchester-city-hope-to-sell-fernando-at-3m-newcastle-must-act-q/

No brainer at that price (if even true)

hitc have an article up about how NUFC should offer Lazaar to Everton in part exchange for McCarthy. :) Why hadn't I thought of that?

People keep saying this but according to transfermarkt Gibbs has missed 3 weeks of football in the last 3 years through injury

Can't be bothered to look but how much football has he actually played in that time? This could be a misconception but it seems like every time he's gotten a run in the Arsenal side he ends up injured.

I'd still take him in a heartbeat by the way.