Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd sooner have someone like Sakho or Slimani now. More faith in those getting the 5-6 goals to see us safe. Jorgensen seems like someone who'd be ideal if you signed in the summer and could have a full pre-season to integrate. Big ask to expect him to hit the ground running and score the required goals.

I said the same about Gameiro, would have been a decent summer signing, but we need someone who can hit the ground running at this point. Slimani would be worth paying over the odds for, plus he looks a perfect fit for Rafa's style.

One gullible fucker this Rafa mind.

I was thinking about this the other day, remember back to the confidence with which people were declaring what Rafa would and wouldn't stand for with Ashley [emoji38]

He'll never get himself into this situation, he'll make sure his contract locks down Ashley, or he'll walk.

Yeah that went well.

I think as plenty of people have said, Rafa does not seem like someone who would walk away during his contract. Even with no takeover i would see him running his contract down next season.

He's on something like £6,000,000 a year. Think he has to pay that too if he leaves. He's not going anywhere.

Iirc it was reported that it's only payable if he takes another job within a certain period of time.

Anyway my initial point was just about the confidence with which people declared Rafa would never allow himself to be in the exact position he's now in [emoji38]

This and any other threads about transfers need to be closed down. The inevitable build up to disappointment which turns to frustration and anger will then be eradicated

Hey! Don't be such a sissy. Put your big boy pants on.

He's on something like £6,000,000 a year. Think he has to pay that too if he leaves. He's not going anywhere.

Iirc it was reported that it's only payable if he takes another job within a certain period of time.

Anyway my initial point was just about the confidence with which people declared Rafa would never allow himself to be in the exact position he's now in [emoji38]

He might be in this position but he has played everything politically to his advantage. Let's public know last summer promised were brocken. Stated squad not good enough and then wasn't backed. Fans were angry. Then starts season and as expected we struggle and in January says he needs help despite getting us out of the relegation zone. Club let's it known he will be backed and Rafa says he expects something to happen. If nowt happens and window closes fans will go crackers at the club and Ashley. Rafa then has to get to the end of the season and if somehow we stay up will be lauded and if we go down he reviews his situation in the summer probably moves on for nowt and Ashley loses the gravy train yet again.

Sky sports transfer centre had something about Slimani and Newcaste when you first click on the link but it then disappears. I didn't get the chance to read it like probably saying we have bid £2 million and a sports direct mug.

Just saw on Sky sports news they are claiming we are in talks with Slimani. Nothing to substantiate it, just one of their background headlines.

Quick, put your bets on.

Too half hearted. I say break out the Slimani thread in anticipation of his arrival!  :frantic:

Sky sports transfer centre had something about Slimani and Newcaste when you first click on the link but it then disappears. I didn't get the chance to read it like probably saying we have bid £2 million and a sports direct mug.

Just saw on Sky sports news they are claiming we are in talks with Slimani. Nothing to substantiate it, just one of their background headlines.

Quick, put your bets on.

Too half hearted. I say break out the Slimani thread in anticipation of his arrival!  :frantic:

They haven't changed the one about us willing to break our transfer record yet.

Five days left then and we've signed one player, on loan, for a position in which we've actually got reasonable options. Superb work once again. :slowclap:

Ashley's really let loose this time!

1 Guy on loan man who we don't really need you couldn't make it up man. Yet we struggle like fuck to score goals despite creating chances, teams who don't score goals go down that's a fact and when we do go down that will be the main reason.

A blind man on a galloping horse can see we desperately need a striker who can come in and score us 6-10 goals.......yet nope that baldy cock jockey Charnley couldn't run a bath a huge amount of us not being able to conclude any kind of deal is purely down to his inability imo......I detest that pathetic cowardly yes man

So Benitez has a list of for e.g. A,B,C strikers he wants. If Jorgensen is too much expensive for the fat cunt why isn't he exploring the backups, obviously because not signing Jorgensen for 20m is much more acceptable than getting Sandro Ramirez on loan for a measly 2m.