Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm still to be convinced we need another striker, despite the ronny gill's clamour for it. Shola, a young Carrol, Harewood (briefly), Lovenkrands an a non scoring Leon Best,  were our attacking options last time and we did perfectly well. We have right now Mitrovic, Perez, Armstrong, Tony, Riviere and Cisse, in a system which will only probably feature one forward. If Cisse and/or Mitrovic were to leave then yes we do need to replace but honestly don't think we are bad off in the striking department for the level we'll be playing at next year. Want to see what we have in Mitro, Perez and Armstrong too, bringing in a veteran (who may not be any better than what we have) may stall their development. 

Maybe though the bean collectors feel that they can't take a chance on what we have and feel we need the "proven" Championship player, perhaps that's the sensible approach but I was hoping that something good to come out of this relegation was the chance to develop those youngsters that have been on the fringes, it certainly helped Carroll the last time we went down.

We need another striker. More games equals more injuries / suspensions and as much as Mitrovic has ability he isn't the answer for a full season down the Championship, at least not on his own, and thats not even thinking about his discipline. Plenty of games to help develop Armstrong if you include the cup games. Ayoze's form fluctuates and Cisse & Riviere have questionable mentality.

We need another striker. More games equals more injuries / suspensions and as much as Mitrovic has ability he isn't the answer for a full season down the Championship, at least not on his own, and thats not even thinking about his discipline. Plenty of games to help develop Armstrong if you include the cup games. Ayoze's form fluctuates and Cisse & Riviere have questionable mentality.

We have more strikers than last time when we played more often with 2 up front.

We have more strikers than last time when we played more often with 2 up front.

And not one of them is the finished article. Not buying a goalscorer in January cost us.

Gayle, Ulloa or Ings upfront would be good options. Hoping we can try for one of those.

We aren't going to get any of them man :lol:

Really? Ings perhaps not, but the other two are possibilities for sure. Ulloa really didn't play that much dod he? And Gayle has been chained to the Palace bench.

Gayle, Ulloa or Ings upfront would be good options. Hoping we can try for one of those.

Really? Ings perhaps not, but the other two are possibilities for sure. Ulloa really didn't play that much dod he? And Gayle has been chained to the Palace bench.

33 appearances

I think Ulloa was the most used substitute in the league last season.

We aren't going to get any of them man [emoji38]

I think Ulloa was the most used substitute in the league last season.

And just won the league. No chance, such as what we got.

I'm still to be convinced we need another striker, despite the ronny gill's clamour for it. Shola, a young Carrol, Harewood (briefly), Lovenkrands an a non scoring Leon Best,  were our attacking options last time and we did perfectly well. We have right now Mitrovic, Perez, Armstrong, Tony, Riviere and Cisse, in a system which will only probably feature one forward. If Cisse and/or Mitrovic were to leave then yes we do need to replace but honestly don't think we are bad off in the striking department for the level we'll be playing at next year. Want to see what we have in Mitro, Perez and Armstrong too, bringing in a veteran (who may not be any better than what we have) may stall their development. 

Maybe though the bean collectors feel that they can't take a chance on what we have and feel we need the "proven" Championship player, perhaps that's the sensible approach but I was hoping that something good to come out of this relegation was the chance to develop those youngsters that have been on the fringes, it certainly helped Carroll the last time we went down.

The bean collectors aren't the ones wanting Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Cisse, Shelvey, Tiote, Coloccini or Janmaat gone. That's mostly the fans viewpoint or the players themselves. No problem with that, everyone has his price. If Ross McCormack is worth £12m then Cisse should fetch at least £15m.

I'd be gutted if we sold Perez, think he's got a very bright future. Don't care how much for.

If it's West Ham though, why not cash plus player, we get Diafra Sakho & cash for Ayoze?

Or I would seriously straight swap back for Carroll, would never happen like, but I would like to see it thrown at them.

he's way down the list of people we should be selling, even if its just for the money or to save on wages.

shelvey, gini, sissoko, colocccini, janmaat, and cisse first before even considering selling this kid.

I'd be gutted if we sold Perez, think he's got a very bright future. Don't care how much for.

If it's West Ham though, why not cash plus player, we get Diafra Sakho & cash for Ayoze?

Or I would seriously straight swap back for Carroll, would never happen like, but I would like to see it thrown at them.

Straight swap Carroll for Perez? :lol:

Nope.

Diafra Sakho +cash :lol: Heard it all now

They never use the guy though.

Straight swap Carroll for Perez? :lol:

I was meaning id like that, not that I believe it.