Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Difficult to find and keep good English defenders.

Most of the top sides always want them, especially once they get selected for the national side. I remember Cahill at Bolton a few teams watched him, nobody raved on so much but he got his England call up then all of the sudden everyone takes note. And top clubs come calling.

If he does end up in an England shirt, expect the vultures to swarm.

We shouldn't sell anybody right now unless his name is Tiote.

Haidara, Krul, De Jong, Saviet can all go like.

Aye, selling our best goalkeeper by a mile makes perfect sense. :thup:

He may still be, but really impossible to tell at the moment. He's barely played in the last year and a half.

I wouldn't sell him but only because we'd be selling low. Makes sense to get him healthy and see what's he got before we ship him out.

We shouldn't sell anybody right now unless his name is Tiote.

Haidara, Krul, De Jong, Saviet can all go like.

Aye, selling our best goalkeeper by a mile makes perfect sense. :thup:

He's injury prone and can't kick a ball. I'd sell Elliot and Sels too given half a chance. Of course that's if we can find someone to replace him with.

Darlow would make a decent back up.

Wonder if we'll try and loan Armstrong to another club seen as though he hasn't played in Barnsley's last 3 games and not scored for nearly 2 months

Who was it who said he'd outscore our strikers? :lol: Or have I made that up?

He seems to burst onto the scene when he first arrives but then the goals dry up and he struggles, how many did he get in the 2nd half of the season at Cov last year?

Wonder if we'll try and loan Armstrong to another club seen as though he hasn't played in Barnsley's last 3 games and not scored for nearly 2 months

Been injured, so missed the last 3 games

He was on the bench for their 3rd last game because he was dropped for a poor performance when they lost 2-5 to Forest. You're right he was injured for the last 2 though. Still hasn't scored since October

I'm starting to get a little bit curious about January tbh. IF we sign any player(s) I'm pretty sure we will try for players that are better than what we have, otherwise we'll go with what we've got. We will win the league anyway :thup:

I'm starting to get a little bit curious about January tbh. IF we sign any player(s) I'm pretty sure we will try for players that are better than what we have, otherwise we'll go with what we've got. We will win the league anyway :thup:

We absolutely should not buy for the championship. Loans to cover injuries and AFCON, any purchase should be for next season.

We absolutely should not buy for the championship. Loans to cover injuries and AFCON, any purchase should be for next season.

Agree. Shouldn't even be thinking about spending big. Imagine spending 20M on a no10 and he gets injured playing in this Mickey Mouse league.

Obviously if somebody is available at a bargain then it's less of a risk.

Is Judge fit yet?

Someone said they'd bet their mate he'd have a better minute per goal ratio than anyone playing for us.  :lol:

Who was it who said he'd outscore our strikers? :lol: Or have I made that up?

He seems to burst onto the scene when he first arrives but then the goals dry up and he struggles, how many did he get in the 2nd half of the season at Cov last year?

It was me, im guilty of thinking he was going carry that scoring form  into the championship.  My mate bottled the bet too, because early on Barnsley started well and Armstrong  hit a few and we started poor.

I never thought Gayle was going to take off like he has done.