Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thauvin wants away though

Have not seen that anywhere, he was quoted as saying that? Or is it an assumption based on him being a forrin and our relegation?

It's been well reported in the Chronicle.  He played okay for Marseille and it's been reported he would be keen to go back.  Read somewhere that his lass wants to move back to France.  His signing was a disaster from the start, if he stays fine but I don't think he would get in our side.  Just move him on imo

Is Thauvin actually ever been any good anyway? He was abused and spat at by the Marseille fans before we signed him last season and named in ligue 1 worst eleven.

Think he was highly thought of at Bastia. I just think most deserve time under Rafa and his coaches, rather than just getting rid, unless of course they actively pursue leaving. The bloke only played 12 games. Besides, full faith in Rafa to decide if he's worth keeping or not, whatever he decides is fine with me and that includes getting rid if it comes to it. He will be coaching him every day and can see first hand if he has it or not.

Good bit of knowledge near the bottom of that article...

Benitez has combined the capture of players with a track record in the Championship with further heavy spending on Vurnon Anita from Ajax, Jesus Gamez from Atletico Madrid, Arsenal’s Issac Hayden and Gent goalkeeper Matz Sels.

Benitez has combined the capture of players with a track record in the Championship with further heavy spending on Vurnon Anita from Ajax, Jesus Gamez from Atletico Madrid, Arsenal’s Issac Hayden and Gent goalkeeper Matz Sels.

Are they for fucking real :lol:

And he almost managed to spell 'Isaac' correctly. Well done that man, who has made written journalism his profession, an inspiration to all of us striving for an ambition well out of our reach.

Guest chopey

I've always liked Forsetieri and its always a good tactic to make your rivals weaker by taking theor better players

Everything I've read paints him as an extremely talented player who would utterly terrorize opponents for us.  Although, we'll have to pay a fair sum to get him. 

He was great for Brighton and Leicester in this league,  he was just unfortunate that Leicester bought Mahrez for a decent fee a few years ago and that limited his opportunities. He's a very similar type player to HBA