Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know a lot of it's down to injuries (probably all of it, actually) but Sturridge hasn't done anything since Liverpool nearly won the league. Kane's only just turned 23 and has hit 20+ goals a season the past 2 year.

22 goals in 53 appearances according to Wiki. And I'm sure a lot of those appearances were off the bench.

And he's clearly capable of more.

If it wasn't for his injuries, I'd take him ahead of Kane every single time. But he's a cripple, so I'd take Kane for any club side, and Studger for England.

And yes, I know he's a bellend.

I'd be very surprised but also very pleased were we to sign Sturridge next season. Whilst we are rebuilding we are not in any sort of position to sign that perfect player.

I would trust Rafa and his coaches To use their existing injury management policies to get the most games possible out of Sturridge, plus Gayle and Mitrovic will make excellent alternatives for any PL club aspiring for top 8 which I think is where we are headed next two seasons.

People are turning their noses up at Sturridge?!

Seems like most are concerned about his injury problems, and with good reason. otherwise he would be ideal for Rafa's system I would have thought.

People are turning their noses up at Sturridge?!

Seems like most are concerned about his injury problems, and with good reason. otherwise he would be ideal for Rafa's system I would have thought.

Aye, and people are turning their nose up at Sturridge IF we're back in the Premiership, not as a Championship side in January, I assume in the hope we'd be buying another quality striker in his place. He's never played over 30 games in the league his entire career.

Would lose my shit if we got Sturridge. Great player.

He would cost a fortune and be sat in the treatment room most of the time, we really can't afford to spend that much on a striker and then not have him playing.