Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I honestly think Sturridge is the most naturally gifted current England player. He's also a humble, god bothering type. Hardly worthy of such hatred.

Easily the most naturally gifted like :thup:

Would agree with that.

I guess it's just semantics and different definitions, but for me 'talented' takes in the all round game and mental attributes, natural ability more those bits of improvisation and ability to do things skill wise just on instinct that others can't.

Would say Kane's more talented overall and will more consistently be able to be a good focal point to a good team, but Sturridge can have those moments of greatness which really stand out.

Not that Kane can't score great goals, he's done some worldies.

Sturridge would be an awful signing IMO.

Would be a damn site better than Mitro and Gayle in the prem

This. People are delusional and way overhyping our players if they think mitrovic Perez and gayle are enough for the premiership. We seen last season they are not and whilst I like gayle what's to say he would dare any better in the premiership than any of the other championship top scorers who struggled in the premiership

This. People are delusional and way overhyping our players if they think mitrovic Perez and gayle are enough for the premiership. We seen last season they are not and whilst I like gayle what's to say he would dare any better in the premiership than any of the other championship top scorers who struggled in the premiership

Gayle has a very competent goal per game record in the PL and yet was simply ignored by Pardew. He will be absolutely fine when called upon. Although if we found an even better striker I wouldn't complain but I think at least for the next 2.5 years at least Gayle will be very important.

Mitrovic and Perez are very young and lacked a lot of confidence last time. I've noticed Mitrovic has a real Spring now and this could be the season he needs to come back to the Premier League much better than before - and he wasn't as bad last time as some make out.

I honestly think Sturridge is the most naturally gifted current England player.

This for me too!

He's scored numerous 20 yarders with the outside of his left peg - the one in the Europa League Final was world class!

I genuinely can't believe some of our fans wouldn't have him!

Not a fan of Sturridge as a striker at the very highest level but I'd carry him here. Mental to turn your nose up given we haven't had a quality striker, at Premier League level, since..........

Has he not scored at literally every level he's played at and looked comfortable doing so? In the Euros just gone he was isolated out wide for long periods but his all round quality was obvious to anyone watching. He's a natural imo.

Gayle has a very competent goal per game record in the PL and yet was simply ignored by Pardew. He will be absolutely fine when called upon. Although if we found an even better striker I wouldn't complain but I think at least for the next 2.5 years at least Gayle will be very important.

Mitrovic and Perez are very young and lacked a lot of confidence last time. I've noticed Mitrovic has a real Spring now and this could be the season he needs to come back to the Premier League much better than before - and he wasn't as bad last time as some make out.

A) we are currently playing in the championship and the standard is well below the prem. look at the gallons of space given to shelvey for example

B) Perez hasn't even looked that good this season

C)Gayle misses a lot of chances

D) Gayle scored less than 1 in 4 at palace

A £10m defender, £10m midfielder, £10m striker (all of whom might be useless, we've seen it many times before) or £30m Sturridge who has shown he can score goals consistently even for a weak club in the premier league and would help raise the profile of the club even more in terms of which players want to join.

The only risk is injury, but if he plays 3 quarters of a season he'll be well worth it imo. If he's available we'd be mad not to take the chance.

So ... considering his injury record you lot would drop £30 million on Sturridge?! Nuts. :lol:

He's been dropped this season not injured

:pokerface:

Was just wondering if you thought that's why he hadn't been around much. Would be worth 30 in current market imo

So ... considering his injury record you lot would drop £30 million on Sturridge?! Nuts. :lol:

He's been dropped this season not injured

:pokerface:

Was just wondering if you thought that's why he hadn't been around much. Would be worth 30 in current market imo

Yes, I understand that is his worth, but I wouldn't want us to spend that on him. It would be too risky for us IMO.

Having just come up, I'd rather we looked at getting in someone with a much better fitness record. And maybe even not spend quite so much on that position tbh.