Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's rubbish tbh, we need someone who can pick a pass at speed, and someone comfortable in possession. I'm not sure what cleverly is supposed to do well, don't think I've ever seen him play well, and he is hated by Everton fans.

Don't rate him at all but he'd be a cracking loan signing. If that makes sense.

Totally.

It's not that I don't rate him, I haven't watched him that much so it  would be difficult.

But he has been successful at this level, 11 in 33? and at 27 I would hope he has the hunger to play his best years at the top. He has Premiership experience as a youngster, he's suffered a dip in his career, so he knows their is no yellow brick road to success.

I think Cleverly could be a good signing for us. He's more dynamic and faster to press than any of our current midfielders which would be ideal in the championship.

Even if we get promoted I think he'd be a better squad player than Colback if the loan had a permanent option.

He's an average premiership midfielder which is better than what we've got playing for us right now. Loan is ok but I'd be looking for better at the end of the season if we go up.

100 times a better signing than Murphy

:lol:

I hope we sign him then he never plays.

Hmmm.

7 years since he scored 11 in 33 at this level.

Last year, a regular on loan to Villa who went down.

2011, a regular in the wigan team that scraped survival.

Not so sure.

He didn't play for Villa last season. In fact he scored for Everton against us at SJP in the last minute

Cleverly, although not good enough for where we want to be, would be an excellent loan signing for any championship club.

Why?

Because I personally think he's a decent-to-good midfielder for a bottom half premier league team...therefore by default would be a good player for championship teams. Definitely a significant step up on Colback.

Thats what we all base it on really. One of my Jack Russell's dried up turds is better than Colback.

He's an average premiership midfielder which is better than what we've got playing for us right now. Loan is ok but I'd be looking for better at the end of the season if we go up.

100 times a better signing than Murphy

:lol:

I hope we sign him then he never plays.

Ridiculous man.

There was once a decent attacking midfielder in Cleverley, who had a bit of pace about him.

Now he plays much deeper and isn't nearly as good as he was. That said, he's sound on the ball and has plenty of experiance. He'd be more than comfortable at this level IMO.

Cleverley, as limited as he is, and another one of the same level would pretty much ensure promotion. This is a shit league and Cleverley dovetailing with Hayden and/or Shelvey would be enough to continue winning most of the fixtures.