Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One adequate winger apart from Ritchie would be nice.

I know it would, that doesn't change my point about the overall situation.

Brighton would love another Knockhaert.

Brighton didn't sell their best players bringing a £32m profit in the last window, either.

Or spend £80-90m the 12 months before that, or take a massive hit to their expected income. (sure we've done this one :lol:)

One adequate winger apart from Ritchie would be nice.

I know it would, that doesn't change my point about the overall situation.

Brighton would love another Knockhaert.

Brighton didn't sell their best players bringing a £32m profit in the last window, either.

Or spend £80-90m the 12 months before that, or take a massive hit to their expected income. (sure we've done this one :lol:)

Not to mention the fact that our wage bill was probably double theirs at the start of the season.

Care to calm down anyone?

You said that at the end of last January too. :lol:

This time I'm right though yes?

If we're panicking now, with the best manager and squad in the league and an excellent position in the table then it just seems like it's a permanent state of affairs.

Of course fans always want more players but logicially it's always going to be hard to sign the right people for the reasons we all know about. Getting top-half PL players to join a championship team (in January) has to be one of the toughest transfer tasks around.

We're never going to have two Gayles or two Shelveys. It's brilliant we've got one.

Striker wise I am not too worried and I still have hope for Mitro and Murphy has shown he's up for the fight.  It's midfield that I am concerned about - I am not expecting someone of the calibre of Shelvey just someone more capable than Collback.  If Shelvey's ban taught us anything it's that we need cover.

Care to calm down anyone?

You said that at the end of last January too. :lol:

This time I'm right though yes?

If we're panicking now, with the best manager and squad in the league and an excellent position in the table then it just seems like it's a permanent state of affairs.

Of course fans always want more players but logicially it's always going to be hard to sign the right people for the reasons we all know about. Getting top-half PL players to join a championship team (in January) has to be one of the toughest transfer tasks around.

We're never going to have two Gayles or two Shelveys. It's brilliant we've got one.

best manager and squad, yet not best position in the league....

I'm not asking for two Gayles and two Shelveys, but we have no-one in the midfield anywhere near Shelvey in style or quality, and it will cost us if he can't play every game.

I'm actually a trifle more worried about our limited options and lack of quality in CM than anything else, a lengthy injury to Shelvey and I certainly wouldn't put money on us being in the top 2 come the end of the season.

:thup:

It's a bit bat s*** crazy we are just settling for Shelvey as our only creative midfielder for the rest of the season. We missed him when he got himself banned big time, just like when we got rid of Cabaye.

EDIT: Obviously meant Shelvey.

It's a bit bat shit crazy we are just settling for Cabaye as our only creative midfielder for the rest of the season. We missed him when he got himself banned big time, just like when we got rid of Cabaye.

Aye that would be crazy, I mean not only is he past it, he's not even our player anymore..

It's a bit bat s*** crazy we are just settling for Cabaye as our only creative midfielder for the rest of the season. We missed him when he got himself banned big time, just like when we got rid of Cabaye.

Interesting.