Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I see some people saying we spent 80m last summer, but looking at the fees involved it looks like it's more like 60m, and that's been entirely recpuped by the Sissoko and Wijnaldum sales. What am I missing?

didn't we spend ~£80 last summer and jan, get relegated, sell ~£80m in players but at the same time as spending ~£50m on new ones for the champo leaving a ~£30m profit?

that's how i recall it

87m from sales. 57m spent on players.

Although because Spurs haven't paid the balance of the 30m yet the club would have essentially broken even in terms of cash in the bank.

I really think this could be a factor in the hold up this summer.

do you know the terms of the sissoko deal like? i always thought it was standard for most clubs to spread the fee over contract length so around £6m a season or whatever

I read about it before. They paid a nominal fee up front. Like 5 million, the rest was to be paid a year later.

I can't see them going for several instalments, we needed money last summer to fund the transfers and keep the club going. We got 30m from Spurs but there was also 28 million on the table from Madrid, they could easily have taken that so my guess is the terms of the Spurs deal were favourable.

25m is a nice lump sum to get just as we begin our recruitment drive. It's not insignificant either.

I have a feeling Rafas budget is closer to 40/50 million so this could amount to half our chest.

Guest neesy111

As a Barça fan, I paid 10€ for a stuffed croissant and ended up not eating it.

The Chygrynskyi Croissant?

:lol:

Or Kerrison.

Butland was injured most of last season and didnt look amazing when he came back into the side, although a good goalkeeper with time to develop.

Due to Begovic being first choice and his injury last year, Butland has only ever had ONE full season being first choice goalkeeper in the premier league.

Forster is decent but still makes plenty of mistakes

Pickford is an overrated kid who although has potential, has loads to prove also

People single out Harts mistakes as hes been Englands first choice goalkeeper for a long time now.

If the the others I have mentioned became Englands first choice goalkeeper, there mistakes would be highlighted a lot more

Currently right now hes the best option England have in my opinion

Aside from Tim Krul having a very bad injury, is he really that bad of a stopper?

He's better than Darlow and Elliott.

Perhaps Rafa wants to run the rule over him in early pre season before making a decision.