Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When the transfer window shuts, we'll get the "squad is good enough to stay up anyway" line.

With a bit of luck and good management it probably is. I can't be alone in hoping we'd be aiming a bit higher than that though, which is the reason for my disappointment so far. We're acting like we're aiming for 17th, not like we're back where we belong with a world class manager in charge.

I definitely think it is, people underestimate how bad the bottom half of the PL is. With that said i completely agree, i think it's honestly a disgrace we are trying to do the bare minimum yet again.

Yet at the same time i can't say i'm really all that surprised sadly.

When the transfer window shuts, we'll get the "squad is good enough to stay up anyway" line.

With a bit of luck and good management it probably is. I can't be alone in hoping we'd be aiming a bit higher than that though, which is the reason for my disappointment so far. We're acting like we're aiming for 17th, not like we're back where we belong with a world class manager in charge.

I definitely think it is, people underestimate how bad the bottom half of the PL is. With that said i completely agree, i think it's honestly a disgrace we are trying to do the bare minimum yet again.

Yet at the same time i can't say i'm really all that surprised sadly.

There's teams in the bottom half of the premier league with 20 and 30m pound players man. Bournemouth,watford,palace,leicester,Swansea have far better strikers and players than we do

As it is we only have a better squad than 2 teams and that's the 2 we finished above last season

Money means absolutely fuck all in relation to quality, the sooner people realise that the better. The only reason we went down to begin with was because we waited an extra week or two to sign Rafa and spent too long with fucking McClaren.

We'll be fine, but that's nowhere near good enough.

Money means absolutely f*** all in relation to quality, the sooner people realise that the better. The only reason we went down to begin with was because we waited an extra week or two to sign Rafa and spent too long with f***ing McClaren.

We'll be fine, but that's nowhere near good enough.

:thup:

brighton and huddersfield apart, who else is likely to finish below us? only really burnley and possibly watford with poorer squads.

Going by last season, 8th and below are almost as poor as each other. West Ham are the only ones to have really strengthened.

brighton and huddersfield apart, who else is likely to finish below us? only really burnley and possibly watford with poorer squads.

Going by last season, 8th and below are almost as poor as each other. West Ham are the only ones to have really strengthened.

I'd argue Bournemouth, Watford & Leicester all have too.

On the slipside Burnley and Stoke have approximately 0 goals in them. Stoke are my outside tip to struggle this season if they don't sign a few.

This squad with this manager could come anywhere between 18th and 11th imo as things stand, in terms of the teams who finished 8th and below last season not signing anyone more (:lol:) and us not signing anyone more. Rafa is still here, so something must be going on in terms of getting players out and in. Well, that's what I'm clinging on to.

On the slipside Burnley and Stoke have approximately 0 goals in them. Stoke are my outside tip to struggle this season if they don't sign a few.

I've no idea who Bournemouth have brought in apart from Nathan Ake, who was there last season up until the final months, nor do I Watford aside from Will Hughes and I've absolutely no clue who Leicester have brought in. Agree with you regarding Stoke btw.

Just think about how poor we looked when Gayle wasn't fit to score goals. 11th is a pipe dream right now.

Agreed, but hence why I reckon this squad could come anywhere between 11th and nailed on relegation. A few injuries to key players and we're screwed. We're in desperate need of a striker, or 2 if Mitrovic goes and a CM. People can argue other positions also such as a #10 and I'd agree, but those 2 positions we desperately need players in.

This squad with this manager could come anywhere between 18th and 11th imo as things stand, in terms of the teams who finished 8th and below last season not signing anyone more (:lol:) and us not signing anyone more. Rafa is still here, so something must be going on in terms of getting players out and in. Well, that's what I'm clinging on to.

I've no idea who Bournemouth have brought in apart from Nathan Ake, who was there last season up until the final months, nor do I Watford aside from Will Hughes and I've absolutely no clue who Leicester have brought in. Agree with you regarding Stoke btw.

Defoe & Begovic for AFCB. New manager for Watford will mean a lot given they fucked a large part of last season off. Maguire and Iborra are upgrades for Leicester's XI last season although whether the manager will do a Roeder is up for debate.

Saying that, all, like ourselves, have massive flaws and you don't know how it'll play out once the season starts. New players or not it's absolutely imperative we start decent other the negativity will snowball. And given our start, that'll be magnified.

Defoe & Begovic for AFCB. New manager for Watford will mean a lot given they f***ed a large part of last season off. Maguire and Iborra are upgrades for Leicester's XI last season although whether the manager will do a Roeder is up for debate.

Saying that, all, like ourselves, have massive flaws and you don't know how it'll play out once the season starts. New players or not it's absolutely imperative we start decent other the negativity will snowball. And given our start, that'll be magnified.

Agh, forgot about Defoe. Agree with you on Bournemouth strengthening then. Watford I'm not so sure on, and surely that Shakespeare bloke who looks like typical yer da at Leicester's bubbles got to burst. They're decent bet to struggle I think, as I'm not convinced on their signings. Not so much on ours either like, but there you go. :lol:

Agreed again. We have a great opportunity to make a decent start with the fixtures. There's desperate fixtures in the period running up to Christmas and if we're struggling then, God help us. If Rafa is still here that is.

Said that the last time we got relegated and this squad is nowhere near as good as that one

Its better than the team that started that season in every position with the possible exception of Number 10.

Swansea maybe

If Sigurdsson goes :thup:

Depends how they invest the money. If they spend £50+ million there's nothing to suggest they won't be better than us.

Said that the last time we got relegated and this squad is nowhere near as good as that one

Really?  Which players from that squad would improve us now?  Not just considering perceived quality at that time by the way, but how they were performing.  I'll give you Townsend (though we now have Ritchie and Murphy), but who else is missing that makes this squad nowhere near as good?