Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/480/mcs/media/images/60074000/jpg/_60074072_keeganpa.jpg

Throwback to this.

In that pose it almost looks like a King's garb, with a white fur-trimmed cloak (minus the cloak at the back :lol:)

Very regal looking anyway.

We've scraped by, but still missing the key things to make us have a standout talent that will win us games at this level. If Gayle is injured were fucked. Worried about our lack of experience in the middle and quality in goal too.

I imagine we will shift a few in next few weeks to cobble another two over the line, but whether the best faces are still around by then who knows.

I was promised august as my allotted admit-that-were-fucked date, now it's #wait all over again? Nah no way nah.

Underwhelming aye but hardly fucked. Quite the overreaction

I was promised august as my allotted admit-that-were-fucked date, now it's #wait all over again? Nah no way nah.

:lol: overreaction. I've sat on my hands until my allotted freak out date and now I'm overreacting?

I guess it depends what you think we should be trying to do. I think we should be trying to strengthen to challenge for top half. What were actually doing is clearly way short of that. Narrowly avoid relegation is clearly the MO. Just like the last time we were in the league. That went well.

We've scraped by, but still missing the key things to make us have a standout talent that will win us games at this level. If Gayle is injured were fucked. Worried about our lack of experience in the middle and quality in goal too.

I imagine we will shift a few in next few weeks to cobble another two over the line, but whether the best faces are still around by then who knows.

Any injury to Gayle and/or Shelvey and we're in trouble.

Aarons and SDY will sort us out though.....

:lol: overreaction. I've sat on my hands until my allotted freak out date and now I'm overreacting?

I guess it depends what you think we should be trying to do. I think we should be trying to strengthen to challenge for top half. What were actually doing is clearly way short of that. Narrowly avoid relegation is clearly the MO. Just like the last time we were in the league. That went well.

There is obviously a budget that Rafa was happy with. There was no way we were gonna be throwing shit loads of cash about after relegation. The way the market has went and failure to shift players has meant we have to be strict with fees and look for bargains. I don't think it's the case this year of just trying to stay up. Just my opinion mind.

Spending is no Guarantee of progression...not in this league.

Having said that, the squad is woefully thin of "real " talent. buying squad players isn't going to significantly improve our chances of nicking results at the, say Stokes or West Broms.

We struggled against some shite teams last season but this Level is a whole different ball game.

I can just see us struggling to score goals...again, resulting in more arse twitching next April / May   

Having said that, the squad is woefully thin of "real " talent. buying squad players isn't going to significantly improve our chances of nicking results at the, say Stokes or West Broms.

We struggled against some s**** teams last season but this Level is a whole different ball game.

I can just see us struggling to score goals...again, resulting in more arse twitching next April / May 

Question, do you see Brighton and Huddersfield struggling to score goals as well? Or not?

I raise the point as we scored 11 more than Brighton last season and 29 more than Hudds.

We struggled against some s**** teams last season but this Level is a whole different ball game.

Question, do you see Brighton and Huddersfield struggling to score goals as well? Or not?

I raise the point as we scored 11 more than Brighton last season and 29 more than Hudds.

Sure if you just want to finish 17th, but we shouldn't be happy with that.

Look at West Brom. They've got arguably less goal threat in that team than we do, and were able to go on Holiday for the last 6 or 7 games purely because they were organised. Same with Burnley, never in trouble at all. English Football is not what its made out to be.

I accept that, in reality, that's our benchmark next season but we`ve not a great deal of flair in the side & no proven goal scorer at that level.

One or two bodies of "proper quality" cant surely be beyond our budget man? 

Look at West Brom. They've got arguably less goal threat in that team than we do, and were able to go on Holiday for the last 6 or 7 games purely because they were organised. Same with Burnley, never in trouble at all. English Football is not what its made out to be.

I know your not suggesting we aspire to the levels of Burnley & West Brom