Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I once left a crusty, jizz covered handkerchief under the pillow, only to come home and find my aunt going at it in the sink with a brush & soap, saying to me "you really need to start using tissues for your cold instead of a handkerchief, these stains are impossible to remove after they dry."

True story. I left her house sharpish after and found my own lodgings.

I swear to god women's anti-antiperspirant is better like, yous need to try it. Keeps you bone dry.

get you some gelly mitchum clog them pores right up.

for real it's like quick pour concrete for the armpits. it's amazing.

mitchum ftw

Driclor. I used it when I was about 18 and haven't had wet pits for the best part of a decade since. Clearly did myself some damage to the underarms but it worked.

Guest firetotheworks

Creased at Hans using deodorant for a woman, definitely because he'd already treated the previous one like one. [emoji38]

I swear to god women's anti-antiperspirant is better like, yous need to try it. Keeps you bone dry.

mitchum ftw

Driclor. I used it when I was about 18 and haven't had wet pits for the best part of a decade since. Clearly did myself some damage to the underarms but it worked.

Driclor is the fucking tits!

Jesus christ, saw the thread title and first thought was HBA coming back, followed by someone bidding for Colback. Then reading the few pages while slowly realising that the thread title meant exactly what it said. :anguish:

mitchum ftw

Driclor is the fucking tits!

Is that the stuff made with silver nitrite or something?  Absolutely kills for a while when you put it on but basically totally blocks your sweat glands.

Curtis Good has returned to Newcastle United after failing to impress during a trial in Holland - handing another headache to Rafa Benitez.

The Toon boss is trying hard to trim down his squad and after arranging a tryout period with Dutch Eredivisie side PEC Zwolle had hoped it would create more space in his squad.

Curtis Good has returned to Newcastle United after failing to impress during a trial in Holland - handing another headache to Rafa Benitez.

The Toon boss is trying hard to trim down his squad and after arranging a tryout period with Dutch Eredivisie side PEC Zwolle had hoped it would create more space in his squad.

as i said yesterday, just pay the likes of these cunts off and make space in the squad

jesus

as i said yesterday, just pay the likes of these cunts off and make space in the squad

jesus

Yeah. It's amazing and depressing some of the non entities just clogging it all up.

Paying up their contracts doesn't solve the problem, though, it still costs us the same as keeping them on the books.  We could quite easily just not include them in the 25 man squad but we'd still have to pay their wages which is the real issue.  Paying up their contracts just means we take the wage hit all in one go rather than spread over the year.

Paying up their contracts doesn't solve the problem, though, it still costs us the same as keeping them on the books.  We could quite easily just not include them in the 25 man squad but we'd still have to pay their wages which is the real issue.  Paying up their contracts just means we take the wage hit all in one go rather than spread over the year.

so what's the difference? the likes of good will be on pennies man, can't imagine even the likes of haidara being on crazy wages either

we're going to pay it anyway and get nothing whatsoever out of them at a time when it's critical we make space for incoming signings

or we could keep expressing surprise and regret everytime each of them fails to agree a deal i suppose :undecided:

Say 20k a week for five or six players, you're looking at an outlay of six or seven million.  If we're operating on a limited budget that could be quite a chunk for some players who might still yet get a deal somewhere that either costs us nowt or brings in a few million.

Colback features in say 15 league games (as part of a rotation, or due to injury/s) that will cost us points. I prefer to look at the prizemoney situation for where the team finishes how much £ is lost with each position the team slips - due to the Colback Factor.

Always maintained that the immediate blow to Ashley's precious balance sheets, by paying off Colback's contract and releasing him, would be offset & partially absorbed by a higher league placing and associated increase in prize money.

Colback features in say 15 league games (as part of a rotation, or due to injury/s) that will cost us points. I prefer to look at the prizemoney situation for where the team finishes how much £ is lost with each position the team slips - due to the Colback Factor.

Always maintained that the immediate blow to Ashley's precious balance sheets, by paying off Colback's contract and releasing him, would be offset & partially absorbed by a higher league placing and associated increase in prize money.

But Rafa could just banish them to the academy / farm out on loan rather than pay them all up in one big chunk.

Paying them off does not help us but players, we need them off the wage bill and I guess it reduces opex costs but I don't know how it's spread if we agree to pay up or if it's all out of capex which is probably an issue for us at the moment

i'm obviously not talking about the likes of colback or players on his level of wages but if we have young players (19-23 say) on low wages who we want off the books then we need to make it happen for the good of the club

i get it like, it's not something that is done routinely therefore it's not something that is likely to happen but in our case where we have so much shit clogging things up it really should be an option for them

i'd be devastated to find out we're asking for fees for some of them mind

i'm obviously not talking about the likes of colback or players on his level of wages but if we have young players (19-23 say) on low wages who we want off the books then we need to make it happen for the good of the club

i get it like, it's not something that is done routinely therefore it's not something that is likely to happen but in our case where we have so much s*** clogging things up it really should be an option for them

i'd be devastated to find out we're asking for fees for some of them mind

Aye the likes of Riviere, Good and Haidara we should just let them go for free if necessary as long as we don't have to pay them off as obviously that would clear a big chunk off the wage bill.

The example given was Colback above but I doubt we have even put him up for sale, I think Rafa likes him in his squad, or serves a purpose in his mind at this time.

The problem we're likely having is that we gave these players wages that are very high for the level of football they belong and they're not willing to take a cut. Wonder if long term loans where we pay even half the wages would at least reduce the overall burden