Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great video but Bleacher want to sack whoever did the subtitles. "Should of" ffs.

I spotted that too.

FFS in 10 years people will be correcting me for saying should have. And I'm going to go insane trying to justify my stance.

Should of should just be written Should've and then it would be fine.

Looks like two clubs in particular fucked them about and Sinclair's agent was pissing about. Imagine sitting at a train station around the corner from a club you want to sign for, your club has agreed to sell you, but your agents wants more money? I would have told my agent to fuck off and signed.

Looks like two clubs in particular fucked them about and Sinclair's agent was pissing about. Imagine sitting at a train station around the corner from a club you want to sign for, your club has agreed to sell you, but your agents wants more money? I would have told my agent to fuck off and signed.

Do the players not have contracts with the agents as well? Would imagine they do, so it wouldn't be as simple as you say. Especially if it's not a mega-rich player.

Why bother with an agent if your a player?

Surely if a club wants to sign you and they find out you have no agent, they would be happy to bump up your wages/signing on fee considering they won't be paying a ridiculous fee to an agent.

Failing that just hire your dad/brother/best man to deal with all the phone calls and enquires about you.

Hiring an agent and being under contract with him for the next 4 years with him stopping you joining other clubs because he's not getting what he wants?!

Madness.

It's ludicrous to believe despite slashing the wage bill that we needed 73 million (40 million transfer profits plus the 33 million "loan") to stay afloat last year, if every club needed that amount to survive when they go down, they would all be in administration surely, especially when we more or less filled out our stadium every game last season, no one else who gets relegated will come anywhere near our average attendance. Just tax fiddling and a way to say to everyone how much we our in debt to his benevolent leadership.

Gates & matchday is about £25m The wage bill the year we went down was triple that. That can't even buy you Danny Drinkwater. Ticket income is becoming less and less important as the ridiculous TV money increases.

What do you mean when you say "match day"

8s5LFQF.png

Surely if a club wants to sign you and they find out you have no agent, they would be happy to bump up your wages/signing on fee considering they won't be paying a ridiculous fee to an agent.

Failing that just hire your dad/brother/best man to deal with all the phone calls and enquires about you.

Hiring an agent and being under contract with him for the next 4 years with him stopping you joining other clubs because he's not getting what he wants?!

Madness.

I've said this for years.

If i'm a professional footballer I can look round the dressing room at the other guys, I know what they earn and I know where I am in comparison. Why would I pay some cunt in a suit to negotiate for me?

Madness.

Because footballers are generally thick as mince and the club lawyers would run rings around them. An agent will get you the best deal and knows the ins and outs of things like image rights.

Madness.

Because footballers are generally thick as mince and the club lawyers would run rings around them. An agent will get you the best deal and knows the ins and outs of things like image rights.

Do Sheffield United players have image rights? Does Paul Dummet? The way I see it is a contract is X amount of cash for Y seasons, i'm capable of working out what i'm worth and I have the front to ask for a bit more. And even if I don't get it i'll still be better off cause i'm not paying the aforementioned cunt in the suit.

Agents know the game and how things work better than any footballer. They look out for the players' interests and help to stop them getting screwed over by the huge corporations that football clubs are.

They're more powerful than an individual player too, since an agency will usually represent loads of players. That in itself acts as a kind of collective unionisation that a player on their own wont have. Clubs won't want to piss off an agency if it'll impact them in the future when wanting to sign a different player, and in the same way being on positive terms with an agent can have benefits.

They're not ideal, and it's clear that a significant number of them are dodgy as fuck. However if they weren't around you'd have players being exploited, particularly those that aren't playing at the top level and aren't on huge money. Necessary evil, probably.

Yeah agreed. Really don't see why players need agents. Maybes, maybes the very top earning 'world superstars' but not 95% of the PL.

Disagree. If anything it's the 95% of footballers (so those below the PL) that need the agents more than the top players.

Agents know the game and how things work better than any footballer. They look out for the players' interests and help to stop them getting screwed over by the huge corporations that football clubs are.

They're more powerful than an individual player too, since an agency will usually represent loads of players. That in itself acts as a kind of collective unionisation that a player on their own wont have. Clubs won't want to piss off an agency if it'll impact them in the future when wanting to sign a different player, and in the same way being on positive terms with an agent can have benefits.

They're not ideal, and it's clear that a significant number of them are dodgy as fuck. However if they weren't around you'd have players being exploited, particularly those that aren't playing at the top level and aren't on huge money. Necessary evil, probably.

:thup:

They're a necessary evil unfortunately. Maybe in an ideal world some PFA appointed lawyer type could step in for this kind of stuff.

Madness.

:thup: they are basically there to make sure players don't get screwed and to get them the best deal possible. Like them or not.

So agents make sure their client doesn't get screwed by the club, by taking twenty percent of his contract and a one off fee every time he moves clubs. Seems perfectly reasonable.

Agents don't negotiate contracts, they hire lawyers to do that.

Agents have an important task - they separate the business and sporting side of things for the player. A player can focus on training and playing while the agent will take care of all business relationship with the club - relationship that's very complex in modern football. This is a valuable and important task, but the problem is all the perverse incentives that have emerged for agents, like the bonus payments for engineering transfers.

Three Sky Bet Championship clubs were interested in signing Hull striker Abel Hernandez before he suffered a ruptured Achilles in August.

His agent Pablo Bentancur told Italian outlet Tutto Mercato: “He had an important market, strong interest from Aston Villa and Birmingham, they wanted him at all costs, and there was also a chance to go to Newcastle.

“It’s a bad thing, but football is the way it is. Abel has strength and is young, he will be back.”