Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I've just seen this on Reddit.

Prime Kasper material for us attempting to spend without going over our club record fee.

gppnc54urjb01.gif

Way more annoying than I even thought it would be not knowing who this mystery £20m striker is like :lol:

£20m only buys you a striker who's close to 30 years old if he's half decent. Whoever it is, he's probably not going to be much better than we've already got. Unless it's a fake bid, in which case he could well be outstanding.

Anyone who has seen Kenedy play where do you think Rafa intends to play him?

I've only seen him play once, but given the positions he can apparently play and the fact we already have a few wingers, I think he might be looking to play 5-3-2 a lot more and deploying Kenedy as our left wing back.

That’s what I was assuming, as well. Or even as a more attacking option in a back four, dependent upon the opposition.

I find it almost amusing that a striker who would break our transfer record basically does not narrow it down much at all. It would be for most teams quite exciting news, for us it includes shed loads of journeymen.

Most teams in the league would break their record at £18m+ like, but aye its mental that our record is so relatively low given the size of the club.  Is it still Owen as the record or was Wijnaldum more?

Fair enough, we’re one of around half a dozen clubs where a £17m plus signing would be the biggest. Guess it is more underwhelming as this kind of money would have once almost (cf Michael Owen) guaranteed a really top class additional to be excited about. Some of the names linked are a bit ‘meh’.

I'd prefer the latter if that's our only choice, but he's 29 and i can't see Ashley being prepared to bend that much

Yeah, he is paying for him out of his own pockets so I'd expect his age to be a factor.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd prefer the latter if that's our only choice, but he's 29 and i can't see Ashley being prepared to bend that much

Yeah, he is paying for him out of his own pockets so I'd expect his age to be a factor.

That's what he thinks he's doing. We all know that the money's only in his pocket because he's pocketed the profit from NUFC.