Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

I thought first half was as good as I've seen that team play, the balance was great, chances created, just basically didn't finish any of them. And Rooney was surprisingly excellent in that deeper role.

The only gripes I have are that Kane is still on set pieces, Sterling should have been yanked earlier for wasting so many opportunities and Kane should have been subbed for Vardy as he was clearly shattered.

Right i couldn't be arsed to come on last night so i'll give my thoughts now.

I thought in general we played well, but the final ball was disgustingly bad. Sterling looks like someone with absolutely zero confidence right now, takes far too many touches and 2nd guesses himself. Drop him for Vardy or Sturridge could really care less which one, i'd also be inclined to get Wilshere in the team somehow as he's clearly our best passer, dribbler and probably the best technically probably for Rooney as at least he's a fucking midfielder.

The Russia goal was completely predictable, because of how many idiotic lapses there were near the end. To the point they were always going to get in positions before the game ended and it was just a matter if could they take one.

Also i have said this before, i don't like Danny Rose. He can't defend unless he's being covered 24/7 and as the goal showed his lack of height is an issue at this level. Although i'm not too fussed about the defence as no matter what 4 we pick it's likely to be bad so it's whatever, but i do think the makeup of the midfield and attack can be improved.

Do i trust Hodgson to make the right calls though? not a chance.

Woke up in a right radge this morning. :angry:

Likewise... The first thing I thought of was Harry Kane taking a corner [emoji38]

I'm just imagining you waking up, stretching your arms, yawning, saying good morning to your wife/ girlfriend, maybe a kiss on the forehead, then just shouting "Fuck Harry Kane" :lol:

Likewise... The first thing I thought of was Harry Kane taking a corner [emoji38]

Hasn't a journalist asked woy this question? If we had a foreign manager  it would be the only question

Hasn't a journalist asked woy this question? If we had a foreign manager  it would be the only question

I find it quite remarkable how Roy seems to get a pardon from the English press, who are notorious for laying into the England managers. Not saying that's a bad thing at all, it's been horrendous in the past, it just surprises me given the strange decisions he makes at times. It was absolutely clear as day yesterday that his subs basically cost us the game but there wasn't a word about Vardy in Gabriel Clarke's post-match. But like I say, the media (generally) keeping the knives in the draw is a good thing.

Last night was a pity because Hodgson would've deserved a lot of credit for deservedly ending that bogey first game sequence. He set the team up well and Rooney, the main source of debate, was in a good position and was worth his place in the side. Critics answered there as far as I'm concerned. Just such a shame the English manager conservatism eventually saw to it that we stopped forcing the issue, and ultimately got one point from a game we should've absolutely got three.

Hopefully we'll learn from it and take the positives forward, but it's concerning that the age-old problems keep rearing their head.

I always suspected you were the ringleader to all this trouble and violence abroad, Jill.

Me and me mam and me dad and me gran are heavily involved.

Just hang on you c***s. A win from the next two should see us through yes?

Almost certainly

This new format is a bit of a joke, tbf.

Agreed. Whack it up to 32 teams imo.

Just hang on you c***s. A win from the next two should see us through yes?

Almost certainly

This new format is a bit of a joke, tbf.

Agreed. Whack it up to 32 teams imo.

The right decision was to keep it as it was but, yeah, if they were going to expand best to go all the way to 32. A group phase where 16 out of 24 teams will progress to the knockouts is close to pointless.

Rooney had been England's manipulator and inspiration, switching play, helping out in defence and generally running the show as part of his latest role in midfield.

He'll be 10 years retired and they'll still be banging on about his new role in midfield.