Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

100% keep it to football, the club and the players therein are the only thing we can all reasonably be expected to agree upon.

People can reasonably be vociferously in favour of the abolishment of the monarchy and also be a donor to Wor Flags, but I don't expect we have many non-nufc fans donating or swinging the flags...so keep it to football.

Please stay well away from politics and respect the many NUFC fans who will not want it there. Politics is divisive but what brings us together is football. It would be a massive shame to see our club being used to push an agenda, especially one a huge number of our fans (from all generations and walks of life) won't agree with.

She's already had a round of fixtures postponed as a mark of respect, which for my money was far more than was necessary. As for Charlie boy, the ownly Kings I'm interested are named Eddie or Kevin. 

Despite continuous tiresome claims to the contrary, the existence of the monarchy - as well as celebrating or commemorating it - is overtly political.

It’s got nowt to do with me what WF chooses to put together for their displays, but I’d hope that it is understood that any flag re the monarchy is a political statement.

Slippery slope and all that. 

2 minutes ago, jwclark2342 said:

We need a Trippier display.  The player who believed in Newcastle before any others did.

Yeah, I’d love that.  I’m sure my other half is starting to worry about how dreamy-eyed I get when I’m talking about Trippier.  She just thinks he’s a bloody good full back.  She just doesn’t understand :) 

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s well known that I’m a staunch Republican (regards to monarch, not American politics).

I’d have no trouble with the FA Cup picture as a flag.

It’s a picture of Jimmy Scoular collecting our last domestic trophy. Some proper wet wipes in here like.