Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Thanks for all the positive comments folk as always.

The poles on which the ticker were situated had castors on the bottom this time so to ensure there was less weight when manœuvering (is that a word). Therefore we'd stacked each banner upside down prior to the display. Each banner then needed collectively turned before being split to poles and handed to individuals. It seems one or two banners had been turned on a pole by pole basis rather than a batch and subsequently got the whole banner tangled.

Was a real shame and I was really disappointed yesterday as it was the only black mark on an otherwise fantastic day. Also, the amount of effort and planning that went into it just made it all feel quite personal when it didn't go completely right. At the end of the day though, lessons to be learned to get it right next time and you cannot win them all.

At least it hopefully played its part in inspiring the team to win. Which is why we do it... 

What you’ve done mate I couldn’t give a toss if it went slightly wrong - you guys are the heart and sole - deserve all the acclaim you get - proper supporters who give up their own time so others can have a great time of it 

already looking forward to the next display 

7 minutes ago, Heron said:

The poles on which the ticker were situated had castors on the bottom this time so to ensure there was less weight when manœuvering (is that a word). Therefore we'd stacked each banner upside down prior to the display. Each banner then needed collectively turned before being split to poles and handed to individuals. It seems one or two banners had been turned on a pole by pole basis rather than a batch and subsequently got the whole banner tangled.

Was a real shame and I was really disappointed yesterday as it was the only black mark on an otherwise fantastic day. Also, the amount of effort and planning that went into it just made it all feel quite personal when it didn't go completely right. At the end of the day though, lessons to be learned to get it right next time and you cannot win them all.

At least it hopefully played its part in inspiring the team to win. Which is why we do it... 

The surfer flag was absolutely incredible, i was in the leazes and it was by far my favourite one yet.

7 minutes ago, Heron said:

You are all doing an amazing job. Match days without Wor Flags just isn't the same. Deserve all the praise in the world for all the creativity and effort which goes into each display.

@HeronI was just wondering if it might be possible to somehow have a 3D flag display. It would have to be coming out of the east stand (facing the cameras).

I like the idea of a Magpie seemingly coming out of the stand onto the pitch. I don't even know if its physically possible or not but it would be amazing to see.

4 hours ago, Heron said:

I understand you may be a little disappointed, as with anything, if you plan something and it doesn't quite go right, you're a bit disappointed but I certainly wouldn't beat yourselves up over it as it was still absolutely fantastic. It's a massive part of matchday now and helps build the atmosphere, which like you say is what it's all about. Well done to everyone involved.

14 minutes ago, STM said:

@HeronI was just wondering if it might be possible to somehow have a 3D flag display. It would have to be coming out of the east stand (facing the cameras).

I like the idea of a Magpie seemingly coming out of the stand onto the pitch. I don't even know if its physically possible or not but it would be amazing to see.

Have mentioned to the group, I like the idea. :thup:

46 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I understand you may be a little disappointed, as with anything, if you plan something and it doesn't quite go right, you're a bit disappointed but I certainly wouldn't beat yourselves up over it as it was still absolutely fantastic. It's a massive part of matchday now and helps build the atmosphere, which like you say is what it's all about. Well done to everyone involved.

Surely a pair? 😉

17 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Would have loved if Steve Bruce was in the OUT list too but other than that, it was amazing. Brilliant work @Heron and the rest of you lads and lasses!

First chuckle of the morning. That would've been class. He'd have hated it 😂😂😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, TheGuv said:

What’s the consensus moving forward then?

I genuinely don't know how you change it.

I feel like for many it's an educational piece with regards to the words but also (for many) the sheer excitement of singing it as our celebratory anthem just overwhelms any sense of singing it at the right pace. 

11 hours ago, Heron said:

I feel like for many it's an educational piece with regards to the words but also (for many) the sheer excitement of singing it as our celebratory anthem just overwhelms any sense of singing it at the right pace. 

100% this mind. I don’t think many people actually know the words. In fairness as a kid going to the match I would only pick up the chorus. You’re also right in that it mostly seems to get sung maybe just after something exciting has happened so it goes light speed. No idea what changes that other than people learning the words. As much as I hate the version pre match, the verses broken up with Toon toon does slow it down. 

11 hours ago, Heron said:

Genuinely might need a drum to ‘drum’

it into people. 

Pathetic either way tbf. The fact we don’t know our own anthem 

Love Wor Flags but I wasnt a huge fan of the display. I personally couldnt care less what Talksport had to say. I also think there's a fine line between being delighted in how the club is being ran, being happy that Ashley is gone but also lauding the fact we're being used as part of a sportswashing project. I dont know, it felt off to me. Just one persons opinion though. 

On 09/10/2022 at 17:04, STM said:

@Heron

Just wondering if this one got any traction?

Also, it's getting to that time where Sven Botman needs a personalised flag like Bruno, Joelinton, Miggy and ASM did. Reckon an orange one with something like "The Dutch master" would look ace. 👌