Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Class man.

Everyone involved with Wor Flags is an absolute credit to the club. The best thing about it is that there’s no politics, no infighting, no one trying to get the limelight the same way other fan “groups” (trusts anarl) of our club go on. It’s just a bunch of lads and lasses being creative as fuck and building a bond between the fans and the club. 

Was tough trying to decipher the message on the huge banner yesterday as it was being unfurled, stood behind the fucker. :lol: 

:lol: aye I can imagine. 

We do debate absolutely shit tons but hopefully it's always came to fruition and portrayed a feeling that majority of the crowd also feels at any given time. That was particularly difficult under Ashley.

The bond with the club has always been strong with certain staff and representatives but this has gone to a whole new level since the takeover like. I was about to type "everything's just clicked" which it absolutely has, but that's doing a lot of people a disservice like. From Staveley and Ghodoussi down to the groundsmen and the playing and coaching staff they're all United and very respectful of us and vice versa. It's not just people 'doing the right things' it's being passionate and professional and making this club more than the sum of its parts.

The end of last season will possibly be my favourite ever time as a Newcastle fan when I reflect back with my son/daughter (hopefully!) in years to come like. The start of it all (again fingers crossed!). When Newcastle began to fulfil it's potential. When the protesting and apathy could subside, when you could fall back in love with Newcastle, United.

Edited by Heron

Stepping away after Rafa left was a massive message, too. As strong if not stronger than some of the displays themselves. Coming back when they did just added to the whole mood again. Wouldn't have been as impactful if they were still doing the same sorts of displays under an Ashley & Bruce NUFC. 

@Heron What happens to all the displays that have been used for a single game or those that aren’t relevant anymore (the Rafa one etc). Are they just binned or do you have a massive storage somewhere? :lol: 

Are there plans to bring any of them back out? Really liked a few of the earlier ones like the newspaper clippings display.

Edited by bowlingcrofty

9 hours ago, Heron said:

Just a little snippet on Ritchie - when the lads did the presentation in the cafeteria, he sat right at the front on the edge of his seat, staring intently wanting to soak up absolutely all the information. Afterwards near the pitch, he came over to one of the lads hugging him and saying "can yous remember when I did that quiz night back in (whenever it was)?!" which to be honest we had forgotten about until he said. He just gets it up here like. Model pro.

I MUST add too, it wasn't just him. Nearly all the players/staff that day were exceptional with us, none moreso than Jamaal Lascelles and Eddie Howe.

Love it.

No wonder he was having a go at Bruce for not being arsed 

7 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

@Heron What happens to all the displays that have been used for a single game or those that aren’t relevant anymore (the Rafa one etc). Are they just binned or do you have a massive storage somewhere? :lol: 

Are there plans to bring any of them back out? Really liked a few of the earlier ones like the newspaper clippings display.

Some have been slung, particularly painted ones. The printed ones are generally kept and up until the summer they've been in a fairly disorganised state but we've screwed our loaves a bit and sorted virtually all our remaining banners this summer. One of our plans is to potentially raffle or recycle the ones we cannot use but with several projects and matches underway at present it's taken a little bit of a back burner whilst we resolve more pressing matters. 

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Stepping away after Rafa left was a massive message, too. As strong if not stronger than some of the displays themselves. Coming back when they did just added to the whole mood again. Wouldn't have been as impactful if they were still doing the same sorts of displays under an Ashley & Bruce NUFC. 

It wasn't 100% popular and brought about criticism from some quarters but we 100% stick by the collective choice. Some of the group carried on going, others didn't but diplomacy said the group couldn't continue to market the club in a good light whilst it was ran like a shit show and an empty shell. Not just Wor Flags, but the fans that walked away helped push the sale through in my biased opinion. However, those who carried on going also made sure it remained saleable and a viable, enticing option.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Could see people spending a decent amount in a raffle / competition / auction for some of the banners as memorabilia. Which would help the coffers for future displays 

Problem is some of them are literally massive, but I think, like you say some would pay probably just to boost the coffers/in aid of charity. 

21 minutes ago, Heron said:

Problem is some of them are literally massive, but I think, like you say some would pay probably just to boost the coffers/in aid of charity. 

Just a thought, in regard to the club being the lifeblood of the city and the matchday buzz back to its unique best, but couldn't the City Council/Freeman/businesses come together and put the larger, unused, banners around town on matchdays? 

Add to the experience 

11 hours ago, Heron said:

Just a little snippet on Ritchie - when the lads did the presentation in the cafeteria, he sat right at the front on the edge of his seat, staring intently wanting to soak up absolutely all the information. Afterwards near the pitch, he came over to one of the lads hugging him and saying "can yous remember when I did that quiz night back in (whenever it was)?!" which to be honest we had forgotten about until he said. He just gets it up here like. Model pro.

I MUST add too, it wasn't just him. Nearly all the players/staff that day were exceptional with us, none moreso than Jamaal Lascelles and Eddie Howe.

This kind of thing is exactly why I hate the personal shit certain players get on here. Yeah, Ritchie's way past his best but he's been an essential part of our rise both on and off the pitch.

2 hours ago, Heron said:

You would get absolutely ridiculous money for some of the more iconic ones regardless of size. Or even selling prints of photos etc - stuff like the keegan quote, sell them for xmas pressies. Depends how much cash you need i guess vs the hassle. 

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

This kind of thing is exactly why I hate the personal shit certain players get on here. Yeah, Ritchie's way past his best but he's been an essential part of our rise both on and off the pitch.

Some on here take it as a personal slight that someone can’t kick a ball quite as good as they would like them to. I find it quite distasteful, but in Ritchie’s case it’s just mental. His crime appears to be ageing, as if the lad should be knocking back Lucozade sport bottles full of Oil of Ulay.

Clark obviously got a load of shit after the Norwich game, which was understandable at the time. I was definitely party to that. But even in those cases it’s the way it lingers, and the way permeates every conversation months later, that gets me depressed.

41 minutes ago, christ said:

Some on here take it as a personal slight that someone can’t kick a ball quite as good as they would like them to. I find it quite distasteful, but in Ritchie’s case it’s just mental. His crime appears to be ageing, as if the lad should be knocking back Lucozade sport bottles full of Oil of Ulay.

Clark obviously got a load of shit after the Norwich game, which was understandable at the time. I was definitely party to that. But even in those cases it’s the way it lingers, and the way permeates every conversation months later, that gets me depressed.

Does my swede in the way some of our lot describe some of our players. 

Current players, in the squad, who got us top4 form and are likely to be called upon again. 

Nowt like geeing them up. 

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Current players, in the squad, who got us top4 form and are likely to be called upon again. 

Not just our players. The amount of Premier league players you see being described as shit is hilarious. Probably in the top 1% of players in the world but shit.

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

I've said it a few times, but there is nobody at the club now that deserves anything less than our 100% support.

4 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Just a thought, in regard to the club being the lifeblood of the city and the matchday buzz back to its unique best, but couldn't the City Council/Freeman/businesses come together and put the larger, unused, banners around town on matchdays? 

Add to the experience 

Good idea. You've reminded me of something else actually, so cheers. :thup:

I'll mention to the group if that's okay? 

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

Absolutely, aye. Both he and Lascelles and a few others are somewhat integral to the attitude held by players at the club I believe, despite not being starters. 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Lascelles is a great example. Club captain and mainstay of the squad for several Premier League campaigns, whose form has understandably peaked and troughed along with that of the club as we swapped out good manager for bad. Performed well whenever he’s been called upon by Howe, but the mere mention of his name appearing on the team sheet seems to drive some people potty.

Edited by christ

2 hours ago, Thorpinho said:

You would get absolutely ridiculous money for some of the more iconic ones regardless of size. Or even selling prints of photos etc - stuff like the keegan quote, sell them for xmas pressies. Depends how much cash you need i guess vs the hassle. 

Aye it's definitely something for us to consider mate. :thup: