Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

It's a really shitty name like, may as well call it wor hoose as no one ever says wor hyem in the same context.

Aye :lol: I'm a 43-year-old Geordie and I've never heard "Wor Hyem" from even the broadest of Geordies. "Gan hyem", "Wor hoose"...aye.

I honestly can't say I've ever heard any Gerodie say wor hyem like, wor hoose, wor lass, wor city, wor kid etc.

Call it Castle Flags

No-one gives a s*** I know but how can you grow up in Newcastle and never have heard anyone say "wor lass" or "wor kid"?

I don't think that's what he's saying....

It's a really shitty name like, may as well call it wor hoose as no one ever says wor hyem in the same context.

Aye :lol: I'm a 43-year-old Geordie and I've never heard "Wor Hyem" from even the broadest of Geordies. "Gan hyem", "Wor hoose"...aye.

I honestly can't say I've ever heard any Gerodie say wor hyem like, wor hoose, wor lass, wor city, wor kid etc.

Call it Castle Flags

No-one gives a shit I know but how can you grow up in Newcastle and never have heard anyone say "wor lass" or "wor kid"?

Aye, but when have you ever heard "wor hyem"?  You've probably said 'i'm gannin hyem' or somesuch but wor hyem makes no sense as no geordie has ever said that ever.

Call it Castle Flags

No-one gives a s*** I know but how can you grow up in Newcastle and never have heard anyone say "wor lass" or "wor kid"?

Think you've misread him like.

Honest story though, when my parents lived in Inverness, the staff thought my mam was called Wallace because my dad always referred to her as wor lass.

Call it Castle Flags

Honest story though, when my parents lived in Inverness, the staff thought my mam was called Wallace because my dad always referred to her as wor lass.

Fuck off :lol:

Call it Castle Flags

;D

Just having a listen to TF podcast, to be honest, Alex comes across a lot better when speaking about it than Michael Martin does.  Giving a lot of credit to Wor Hyem and the lads who helped with GF.  Saying that it's grew to something bigger than them and they're stepping back.  From about 30 mins on the latest podcast if anyone's interested.

"Hyem" is one of those words I've heard all my life but never seen it written down. Doesn't matter how many times I see it I still hear it as 'Hi-em" in my head when I read it. I can't even imagine how daft and confusing it looks to someone not from the area.

Can't wait to hear some yank comentator trying to pronounce it and explain what it means if they get a bit more popular. Mebbies run some clips of Bobby Thompson at half time and really confuse them.

This - Gallowgate Banners, as suggested by another poster. 

Borrows heavily from the original "Gallowgate" theme, or concept, and it's a mere cosmetic alteration which still manages to p*ss all over the pettyness (?) over wanting to retire the name.

Tyneside Flags is perhaps another alternative.

"Hyem" is one of those words I've heard all my life but never seen it written down. Doesn't matter how many times I see it I still hear it as 'Hi-em" in my head when I read it. I can't even imagine how daft and confusing it looks to someone not from the area.

Can't wait to hear some yank comentator trying to pronounce it and explain what it means if they get a bit more popular. Mebbies run some clips of Bobby Thompson at half time and really confuse them.

Looks too much like Wor Hymen

Guest reefatoon

"I'm gannin hyem with wor Gallowgate flags" Just rolls off the tongue and pretty much sums up the state of play with it.