Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

Hopefully he hasn't wasted his last good years on the bench with us when he could've spent them being a Champo hero.

Wish him all the best and will definitely look out for if he gets himself back on the goal trail. 

Would love to see him banging in 20 goals a season in again, but I think he has wasted his last good years enjoying his wages on Tyneside tbh. He should stil be good for a dozen or so goals though.

4 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

2 year deal is same as he's on here - so no benefit of a longer deal. Pretty much guarantees we're subsidising a decent chunk of his wages I reckon.

dont think you're allowed to sell a player and then pay part of his wages whilst he's at another club if its not a loan deal.

2 year deal is same as he's on here - so no benefit of a longer deal. Pretty much guarantees we're subsidising a decent chunk of his wages I reckon.

dont think you're allowed to sell a player and then pay part of his wages whilst he's at another club if its not a loan deal.

Just now, James said:

You are

that's fucking crazy if its true.

how can you take a wage off someone if you have no contract with them?

isnt more likey he got a signing on fee to make up for his wage cut?

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

You fucking better be, I get stung for it every year on FM because of bastard Mike Ashley

No one ever wants to take him and if they do it’s a loan with you paying like 80% of his wage :lol:

2 minutes ago, duo said:

We must have a new striker lined up, otherwise it just leaves us Wilson and Wood as recognised 1st team strikers.

We will sign a new striker I think, but this has no bearing imo, we only had Wood for the majority of time after January and when he didn’t play Gayle still couldn’t get a look in.

I loved him in the Championship (he also won me a lot of money!) and he's been a great servant for us!

It was needed but it's quite sad to see the ones who dragged us back up all leaving at the same time!

Good luck, Dwight lad!

13 hours ago, huss9 said:

that's fucking crazy if its true.

how can you take a wage off someone if you have no contract with them?

isnt more likey he got a signing on fee to make up for his wage cut?

Because you have a contract with them now. To incentivise moving them on, the buying club might pay 70% of wages, selling club pays 30%. The player doesn't lose out on wages, selling club spends 70% less on that player.

It's fairly common practice when teams want to move on unwanted players on high wages relative to their market worth in wages.

We are going to have to do this with a lot of players. A lot are on higher wages than 90% of Champo clubs can afford.