Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Honestly - in the first instance was a great signing. Brilliant in the Championship season and basically the key factor in getting us back up IMO. Games like Norwich at home showed incredible striking ability when we needed it desperately. 

Unfortunately, like many others leaving this summer, he was kept on too long and it has soured things.

Glad and actually quite surprised it is a permanent deal. He had 2 years left so there isn't really a massive need for him to push for a move. Good on him for looking for a footballing challenge.

Hendrick

Gayle

Clark

Hayden

All gone by August is solid work. By my estimation, Matty Longstaff next and Fede, Darlow and Ritchie are three possibles.

In reality, not too fussed about who moves on from here on out.

Quite surprised by a permanent move for him. Either he's taking a wage cut or we've agreed a payout of some sort to him. 

Wish him well. Marvellous when he first came in but like a handful of others, stayed too long.

Is it wishful thinking that this could mean possible movement in our striker hunt? Yes, yes I believe it is. One piece moves, another slots into it's place.

Only wish Gayle the best, he's generally been good for us when he's played and I think he'll do canny at Stoke.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Great news.

Would like to see Ritchie out the door shortly.

Judging by the minutes he’s been getting in the friendlies I don’t think he’s going anywhere. 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, Willow said:

Is it wishful thinking that this could mean possible movement in our striker hunt? Yes, yes I believe it is. One piece moves, another slots into it's place.

Only wish Gayle the best, he's generally been good for us when he's played and I think he'll do canny at Stoke.

Not from a squad place perspective but freeing up wages might be important to incomings.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Judging by the minutes he’s been getting in the friendlies I don’t think he’s going anywhere. 

That could be due to Lewis being injured though, depends which one Howe wants to sell

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

That could be due to Lewis being injured though, depends which one Howe wants to sell

I think Howe would happily cash in on Lewis.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I think Howe would happily cash in on Lewis.

What are we likely to get for Lewis? He’s barely played in ages and has had a string of injuries. Can’t imagine there’d be a lot to cash in on / a lot of interest

It's been so long since I saw Lewis play that I've almost given up on him at NUFC - but in reality we'd be far better off keeping him and seeing if we can get a tune out of him than selling him now. Unlike the other deadwood going he's still an asset to the club if there is something there - but with the lack of games and injuries his value in the market is probably rock bottom.

Edited by ponsaelius