Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Even with his goal scoring record i really don't think he's premier league quality, always bottles it at tough games like today, its very easy to score at this division at a team like ours when we are battering shit sides.

He scored a hatrick against Norwich when they were our team to catch, scored away to Leeds, got a brace against Reading and was solely responsible for our away wins at Barnsley and Bristol City and he's a bottler in the tough games? :lol:

Definitely got enough quality to deserve a chance in the Prem (if we go up) next year.

I think he's absolutely immense at this level but given that we'd hypothetically play with one striker in the PL it'd be foolish not to buy someone of greater quality.

Definitely got enough quality to deserve a chance in the Prem (if we go up) next year.

I think he's absolutely immense at this level but given that we'd hypothetically play with one striker in the PL it'd be foolish not to buy someone of greater quality.

correct - gayle would have to push for his place when given a chance against a better quality upgrade you'd hope

correct - gayle would have to push for his place when given a chance against a better quality upgrade you'd hope

Of course. Every player needs to perform to retain their place, and I think Gayle is the one player who has done that this season. You could say Shelvey too, but he has let us down big time.

I reckon Gayle is good for 15-20 goals in the prem. We replace him with what a 25-30 striker and we gain 10 goals, provided the new striker hits the ground running. So we improve by 10 goals.

Better to get a couple of midfielders who can get 8-12 goals, and vastly improve the service to Gayle, who could benefit with an extra 5.

Of course. Every player needs to perform to retain their place, and I think Gayle is the one player who has done that this season. You could say Shelvey too, but he has let us down big time.

I reckon Gayle is good for 15-20 goals in the prem. We replace him with what a 25-30 striker and we gain 10 goals, provided the new striker hits the ground running. So we improve by 10 goals.

Better to get a couple of midfielders who can get 8-12 goals, and vastly improve the service to Gayle, who could benefit with an extra 5.

Why would we need to replace Gayle if you think he's good for 15-20 goals?

fwiw i meant upgrade gayle and then he's got to prove himself to get back in the team

gayle is a 15 goal striker at absolute best in the PL like, i.e. the season of his life

fwiw i meant upgrade gayle and then he's got to prove himself to get back in the team

gayle is a 15 goal striker at absolute best in the PL like, i.e. the season of his life

Yeah I agree actually. Sorry, I hadn't read any of the conversation up to that post. Just ignore what I said

Quite interesting seeing the contrast of his goal stats in Sky games vs non Sky games

He has 19 goals in 20 league games overall

On Sky, he missed the Brighton game but has scored 2 goals in our other 8 live games, both against Leeds. So in the other 12 games (not on TV) he has 17 goals.

We've been s**** in just about every game Sky has shown tbh.

We were alreet against Leeds and Brighton. Forest was a farce but we played well. Average against Wigan and Villa, although we should have wrapped up the latter in the first half. The rest were shit, like.

We've been s**** in just about every game Sky has shown tbh.

We were alreet against Leeds and Brighton. Forest was a farce but we played well. Average against Wigan and Villa, although we should have wrapped up the latter in the first half. The rest were s***, like.

Thought we were very decent against Villa until the 70 minute mark or so.

Guest Howaythetoon

He will score goals in the Premier League, but Rafa's way of playing will require an upgrade on Gayle for his way to be more effective.

Guest reefatoon

He will score goals in the Premier League, but Rafa's way of playing will require an upgrade on Gayle for his way to be more effective.

Not so sure this is true. I think Gayle will do fine with an upgrade on the people around him.

Not so sure this is true. I think Gayle will do fine with an upgrade on the people around him.

Agree with this but I do feel he'd also benefit more having a strike partner alongside him.