Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Could we play Diame and Shelvey together? Do we really need a dedicated holding player?

In the championship probably not. We're going to be the big fish here so it's more likely the onus will be on us to break teams down who are sitting deep.  I hope we're also looking to bring in someone with a bit of creativity in the middle.

Leicester just won the top league without one, personally i'm sick of seeing DM/AM needed etc, why can't it just be a central midfielder who does the lot, like Leicesters two did.

Could we play Diame and Shelvey together? Do we really need a dedicated holding player?

In the championship probably not.  We're going to be the big fish here so it's more likely the onus will be on us to break teams down who are sitting deep.  I hope we're also looking to bring in someone with a bit of creativity in the middle.

various people keep saying this but no-one really says what they mean or what type of player they are talking about, is a(nother) number 10 you're on about or a different type of CM?

Different type of CM personally, although with this signing I doubt that happens now.

such as?  genuine question mind, i'm really at a loss to understand what people want that's different from say diame, shelvey & hayden for example

will hughes or someone like that?

Hughes would be a class signing next and final would give us a good mix in Midfield really.

And they said Rafa wouldn't know this league, he seems to know exactly the type of player he needs to get out of it and understands balance

Mick McCarthy was just saying on the radio this morning that Rafa was supposed to not know the league but all the signings he has made so far show that he does.

We played our best stuff by far in the Championship last time without a DM. There's no need for one.

Ridiculous thing to say tbh, not many clubs in world football play without a DM.They will be times went Rafa will play two defensive midfielders and rightly so

Not getting the hype around the lad. Always plays as an AM or Winger when I see him play.

What hype? we are happy that we are getting a midfielder how can actually get the ball into forward areas and score himself considering all our CMs are borderline trash offensively.

That's all, i don't see the hype you seem to think is there.

In the championship probably not. We're going to be the big fish here so it's more likely the onus will be on us to break teams down who are sitting deep.  I hope we're also looking to bring in someone with a bit of creativity in the middle.

Leicester just won the top league without one, personally i'm sick of seeing DM/AM needed etc, why can't it just be a central midfielder who does the lot, like Leicesters two did.

Not many teams worldwide have a player like Kante

Yeah but the point is both Drinkwater and Kante can play defensive midfield

Not getting the hype around the lad. Always plays as an AM or Winger when I see him play.

What hype? we are happy that we are getting a midfielder how can actually get the ball into forward areas and score himself considering all our CMs are borderline trash offensively.

That's all, i don't see the hype you seem to think is there.

Haven't seen him play as a CM in years.  Looks like a Moussa replacement to me. 

Considering both Moussa and Wijnaldum were part of the reason the team was so imbalanced ( playing on the wings constantly) he can be a Sissoko replacement and also play as a CM, the two things are not mutually exclusive to one another.

In fact it's most likely the team will be set up so differently because of how imbalanced the team was that like for like replacements probably don't actually exist.

We played our best stuff by far in the Championship last time without a DM. There's no need for one.

Ridiculous thing to say tbh, not many clubs in world football play without a DM.They will be times went Rafa will play two defensive midfielders and rightly so

Well that's a load of shit imo but it doesn't challenge what I said about the Championship one bit anyway. We played Guthrie and Nolan 2nd half of the season and tore the league to pieces.

Well that's a load of shit imo but it doesn't challenge what I said about the Championship one bit anyway. We played Guthrie and Nolan 2nd half of the season and tore the league to pieces.

this is what i've been saying, personally think we need more athleticism & physicality in there than fucking colback offers but beyond that i see enough creativity from the likes of aarons, ritchie, perez, gayle, shelvey etc. to be more than enough for this league and certainly a permanent sitting DM isn't needed

Rafa will we want to play with a defensive midfielder, that's the way he plays. Pretty much every club in the league will be doing so too. There will be times, where we will need to get men behind the ball and defend as a unit

Especially away from home

Another player dropping a division to join us, breath of fresh air getting players who want to be here rather than seeing us as a stepping stone

Love when a player sees the bigger picture + Rafa + being here to part of the project.