Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

I might have that 'current/recent' bias whereby you favour the thing that's happened most recently... but can anyone suggest a more exponential improvement in form and ability for us than this guy? I mean, I thought he was alright last season in the role that he played, but had absolutely no faith in him being any use for us this season. And, tbh, in the first half of this season he wasn't up to much and I thought he looked like he needed replacing quite urgently.

But he's been fucking phenomenal since New Year, and certainly since that Burnley home game on deadline day.

Tbf we'd mostly been using him behind the striker until the last few months. I know he did well at Hull and for us at times last season but when you see him playing centre mid you wonder how the hell anyone ever thought he was anything but a centre mid

Guest firetotheworks

For all the talk of Lascelles making a huge difference, and he does, Diame's the main reason for our upturn in form for me. Potentially our player of the season.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't say I recall seeing a player for us make such a substantial improvement in such a short period of time. Perch improved a lot but this is on a different level.

Perch's was about as impressive imo.

I might have that 'current/recent' bias whereby you favour the thing that's happened most recently... but can anyone suggest a more exponential improvement in form and ability for us than this guy? I mean, I thought he was alright last season in the role that he played, but had absolutely no faith in him being any use for us this season. And, tbh, in the first half of this season he wasn't up to much and I thought he looked like he needed replacing quite urgently.

But he's been fucking phenomenal since New Year, and certainly since that Burnley home game on deadline day.

Tbf we'd mostly been using him behind the striker until the last few months. I know he did well at Hull and for us at times last season but when you see him playing centre mid you wonder how the hell anyone ever thought he was anything but a centre mid

Sure, but look back ten or so pages and he's worse than shit - that's in CM. :lol:

It's as if playing behind the striker actually made him a better central midfielder.

It's as though he finds the amount of space he now has to play in central midfield so much easier than he ever has, even when he played there earlier in his career.

West Ham away was the turning point for me. He's been in the reckoning, if not a shoe-in, for man of the match in virtually every game since then.

Sure, but look back ten or so pages and he's worse than shit - that's in CM. :lol:

I was defending him then tbf :lol:

Perch is slightly different.  He was always a championship player and he was making a big jump up.  With confidence and acclimatising to the league he improved into a decent squad player.

Diamé on the other hand just looked like a spent force.  I didn’t think he was that bad before but it seemed his legs would fall off after an hour and he looked to barely move.

Guest reefatoon

Wha? It’s nowt like Perch at all. Perch was s**** and had some strange cult following after looking like he could kick a ball. Diame has actually showed in the last 3 month that he is a footballer. f*** knows why it has took him so long, but he looks unbeatable at the moment. Perch was utter s*** who got some random credit. Nothing remotely like at all.

For all the talk of Lascelles making a huge difference, and he does, Diame's the main reason for our upturn in form for me. Potentially our player of the season.

Definitely deserves to be in the conversation :thup:

It's clearly Lascelles by a country mile, tbh.

That said I'm stunned at Diame's turnaround.

Remember getting laughed at for suggesting starting him in centre mid a few months ago. Needless to say, I've had the last laugh

"And that's all that matters"